• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintenance and upgrades.
  • Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Stulid Tested all of OcUK Thermal Paste Range

Permabanned
you know the IC Diamond stuff shouldn't be spread, its just a pea sized blob and the HS pushed down on it, maybe this effected the cooling??

Soldato
Nice one stulid. My tube of MX-2 is 3 years old now and I've only used it once. My temps have stayed the same for those 3 years. A testament to it's high quality. It's so good I might eat some :p

Soldato
Nice one stulid. My tube of MX-2 is 3 years old now and I've only used it once. My temps have stayed the same for those 3 years. A testament to it's high quality. It's so good I might eat some :p

Make sure to right a review on taste, texture and consistency. Remembring a 1-10 scale of how ill you were and how much it stuck your jaws together in large quantities. Oh and that your internal temps dropped 5C xD

Soldato
Awesome work Stulid, that must have taken you a LOT of time to do!

Glad to see the MX-2 still holding its own. Have always recommended this paste over others in the past (though times change obviously)

Soldato
Make sure to right a review on taste, texture and consistency. Remembring a 1-10 scale of how ill you were and how much it stuck your jaws together in large quantities. Oh and that your internal temps dropped 5C xD

Taste - extremely bitter on it's own but when sugar is added it makes a nice alternative to marzipan.
Texture and consistency - Smooth and velvety on the tongue
10/10 - excellent vomit inducing properties when consuming a whole tube
10/10 - with just a rice size blob placed on my tongue, the seal it created with no spreading is very good, with no airpockets and a fully locked jaw.
I can confidently say that my core temps have dropped by 10c more than when I last consumed stock TIM.

Associate
I've used MX-2 and MX-4 for quite some time now one of the other things I love about it is the fact it's Non-Electrical Conductive so when doing things like replacing the TIM between a heat spreader and chip it's a lot safer :cool:

Associate
Did you give the liquid metal a poor "spread ability" factor because you didn't like it or because you found it harder than most pastes whilst using the wrong 'equipment'? I've seen it being applied and used it myself recently and found with a cotton bud it spreads easier than most pastes but you just need to be careful.

I don't mean to bash your review I just think if you gave it a low rating because you don't like the material itself you might be being a bit harsh.

Associate
Thank you for putting in the time for that, I am needing some new stuff as my AS5 ran out on my last case clean/refresh and was going to buy some more, 1 tube lasted about 8 years. When it comes down to it as a tube is less than a £10 to protect something that costs hundreds why get a cheap paste if its not as good as an expensive one? :D

Back
Top Bottom