• The forum will be offline Monday from 10am until approximately 3pm for maintenance and upgrades.
  • Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Stulid Tested all of OcUK Thermal Paste Range

Hitman
Associate
Is there a shelf life on AS5 or any other product. I may have had mine 5 years or so.

Your Q had me think, there must be but what?

I've personally used Arctic's MX paste, more specifically the MX-2 and more recently the MX-4. I think I've had my MX-2 since 2007.

In fact having read your Q, decided to have a look at the MX-2 page, couldn't believe my eyes on what it states under "High Durability":

In contrast to metal and silicon thermal compound, the ARCTIC MX-2 does not show decreasing performance over time. It does not need to be re-applied and has a durability of at least eight years.

The quote was taken from this page:
http://www.arctic.ac/en/p/cooling/thermal-compound/82/arctic-mx-2-1.5g-4g-8g-30g-und-65g.html

So coming back to your Q, I really don't know what to think anymore, though there must be some sort of shelf life?

Back
Top Bottom