Stutter in games with high end system

Associate
is it possible you have a dodgy cable?

could you try it with refresh rate set to 60hz in the nvidia panel?

failing that could you hook it upto another monitor/tv to test?

Associate
OP
I was not aware of that I'm using a 4k braided dip cable from Amazon no brand £7.99.

What should I do to test this turn gsyn off? Or set refresh rate to 60hz or both?

Soldato
I dont think gsync would cause it unless its bugged out, so try setting to 60hz limit and see if it goes away, I know it doesnt solve your problem if you want high refresh rates but its a step in the diagnosis.

Another option is also to increase the cpu priority of the game in question after you launch it.

Associate
OP
Ok I'm getting confused, I messed around with my refresh rate and gsync settings going 60hz gsync on which gave me the smoothest experience I've played in months then I cranked it back up to 144hz and it seemed very smooth as well with only 1 or 2 frame spikes over a 30 min game. I tried pubg g which felt smoother although there were regular frame spikes although I cant remember if pubg was a stuttering mess before my issues

Associate
OP
I just cant work it out this system has cost me well over £2k yet I cant even play a game smoothly.

I've replaced every single component reinstalled windows a dozen times yet the problem persists. There has to be a reason for it there must be a fix

Soldato
Yeah I'm running a 9900k on the Gigabyte Aorus Master, off an NVME with a 1080ti all less than 6 months old I've literally tested everything hardware wise apart from my PSU and everything is fine it seems. Yet like with you the problem just wont go away.

I've done a system refresh with all the up to date drivers installed, without Geforce experience and will slowly start adding things to see if the effect game performance or stuttering etc.

Associate
OP
I've always had the aorus master, I have swapped for a new one on Amazon returns but the problem has persisted. Could it be the aorus master with the issue maybe the bios? What version are you using?

Soldato
I was having the issue on the original bios and on the latest one. I'm not confident enough to say if it's a bios issue or not but I've not seen any threads specific to people with this mobo all having the same issue.

If I can't correct the issue I'm going to RMA my gpu as that's the only thing I think it can be if all else fails, especially seeing as you've replaced your psu with no effect.

Associate
OP
I've gone from a 1080ti to a 2080 trying to eleviate this issue with no effect so gpu may not be your issue either. I'm very tempted now to swap my motherboard brand altogether to see if that fixes it but I stand to loose money which is something i really didnt want to do anymore as I'm out of my return window

Associate
OP
Already tried that as well, I have found some threads from people with the same issue on aorus master also stating that the coil whine they were getting from the vrm would stop when the frame spikes happened so I'm starting to think the aorus master is the issue

Back
Top Bottom