Suggest me a guitar please....

Soldato
Ok, so Ive looked at Jackson, Epiphone and ESP so far... and I just cant decide, although it must be under £300 and have a fixed bridge.

Any suggestions pleeeease thanks. :)

Going to newbury on Sat to test the Epiphone G400, its the closest place that sells decent guitars.

Associate
i do belive you can get an Ibanez SZ320 for under £300, fixed bridge, mohogany body and neck, ceramic bridge pickup and alnico v neck pick up. Nice guitar for the money, might be worth a look.

I have the SZ320MH and i love it, got a nice fat tone and the gibraltar bridge feels lovely.

Last edited:
Soldato
Schecter, they do some really nice guitars, can buy them from sound control, ive been looking at getting myself another guitar, and its going to be a schecter :)

not sure about the ibanez's aunder £300, ive only looked at the £500+ ones :)

Soldato
Cannaton said:
i do belive you can get an Ibanez SZ320 for under £300, fixed bridge, mohogany body and neck, ceramic bridge pickup and alnico v neck pick up. Nice guitar for the money, might be worth a look.

I have the SZ320MH and i love it, got a nice fat tone and the gibraltar bridge feels lovely.

Ive been looking at that guitar :eek: , whats it like to play? Does it have a fast neck?
Also the body, does it seem to chip very easy with it just been plain wood? (for example catching a belt)

Whats it like comapred to the SA-220FM (if you know what thats like?)

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/options.php?id=66752

It gets good reviews and is only 249 :o!!

Associate
It chips more easily than a gloss finish yes, but i really like the finish so that doesnt bother me too much. Belts dont seem to be a problem though.

The neck scale is 25.1" and is flat and fast, not quite as flat as a wizard neck i played on a while back, but pretty damn fast.

The reason i bought it was the overall feel and fixed bridge, it just feels really comfotable to play, i cant describe it lol, try one see what you think.
The body thicker the SA which i also tried a while back at curleys music store in liverpool, the SA was quite thin, but i prefered the 'chunkyness' of the SZ, personal prefrence really.

If you can try both out, you might prefer the depth and the trem of the SA.

Last edited:

Sic

Sic

Soldato
i've got a schecter Diamond series 006...it's awesome, and i bet you can get it for under £300 now, easily

Soldato
Sic said:
i've got a schecter Diamond series 006...it's awesome, and i bet you can get it for under £300 now, easily

I was never too impressed with those. Thought it was pretty overrated.

Soldato
OP
Well I tryed out an 'Indie' version of the Epiphone Les Paul Custom and quite liked it so I can only hope this one is better, my £300 budget has gone out the window though :D

les%20paul%20custom.JPG

Soldato
It is my impression from other forums that although there are some good Epiphones around, they are generally considered poor value for money compared to other Gibson copies. Have a look at this forum and see what they say!

Soldato
1. it takes standard or F spaced pickups, therefore the strings have to be a certain distance apart... the same distance apart as any other guitar you'll buy.
2. its a standard scale guitar, so unless you were looking for a baritone, then its normal :confused:

Back
Top Bottom