1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Summer Transfer Window 2013/2014 aka Arsenal , we can afford folks and the mancs really want Fellani

Discussion in 'The Football Stadium' started by The__Malteser, Apr 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HangTime

Man of Honour

Arsenal won't be able to compete with the big boys, I still want him though :)

2. Azza

Caporegime

Jags won't be sold because we don't need to sell anyone plus he signed a new 4 year contract in January so there's no way he'd go for that cheap even if he was to.

3. HangTime

Man of Honour

Supposedly Arsenal offered £8m a couple of years ago and were told to jog on with Everton wanting £16m, realistically if a deal were to happen I think it would be in the teens somewhere.
    We then went and spent the £16m on Koscielny and Squilacci.

4. Icm76

Hitman

already too late? there were claims Liverpool had an offer of around €15 (£12.4M) accepted but Eriksen preferred Man City so hadn't agreed terms. If it's not too late and he's that good a prospect, surely Arsenal need to be bold and take a risk for a change, offer €15M - €20M or more and make sure they get him.

5. The Running Man

Caporegime

Nico Gaitan has looked good this year I wouldn't be surprised if someone came in for him.

6. shipinabottle

Soldato

£12.4 million for Eriksen would be an absolute steal for any team. Wish Man Utd were in for him.

7. Shamikebab

Caporegime

I can't understand why we wouldn't go for Eriksen, he's looked great every time I've seen him.

8. Bucket

Soldato

Where would we play him?

9. The Running Man

Caporegime

Right back probably

10. shipinabottle

Soldato

The place giggs seems to stupidly occupy.

It's pretty clear Carrick is our holding midfielder, so he needs a partner with real class to move the ball forward when he receives it from Carrick. Eriksen is that type of player.

Carrick, Eriksen, kagawa, zaha and nani as a 5 man midfield sounds good to me.

11. Loki

MSI Rep

I would be surprised if we did

He's Pony and very very inconsistent. Youtube can make any player look good, just ask Freddie Adu.

12. Robbo

Don

Not so sure about that! :eek:

13. Shamikebab

Caporegime

Well I think he'd work well in a 3 man midfield with Carrick and A.N.other then Kagawa, Van Persie and Rooney (or Rooney's replacement if he goes)

14. Bucket

Soldato

Eriksen operates in the same position as Kagawa, he isn't a central midfield player. Hense why I asked where would he fit in, because it doesn't make sense.

15. Tom84

Capodecina

Was what I was going to say about half hour ago, Eriksen and Kagawa in the same side? :/

16. Shamikebab

Caporegime

Kagawa barely plays for us as it is! There's a lot of games in a season, we could easily use both of them, especially if Rooney goes.

17. Bucket

Soldato

The more I read posts on this forum the more I realise that the majority are just FM addicts.

18. Robbo

Don

I don't think you'd even get away with some of these teams on FM. :p

19. HangTime

Man of Honour

Eriksen can play right wing, that's where I first spotted him.

20. FrankJH

Capodecina

So can Rafael, but doesn't mean you would buy him to play him in that position

There is too much wasted spots in the Utd squad at the moment, and I don't believe with the change in manager that there will be wholesale changes.

Utd would be lucky to get two new outfield players (as it sounds like Lindergaard is gone, so a 2nd gk will appear at some point).

With the likelihood of Scholes and Fletcher not being available next season, even if one or two of the youngsters are given cup chances, the likes of Strootman would be ideal imo and then its up to Moyes as to whether Utd can keep either /both of Rooney and Chicharito (I sincerely hope he convinces the latter to stay)........ how's Keane's injury healing , he was meant to be on the verge of getting senior games before the cruciate? he damaged during last summer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.