Sunglasses (Yet Again) - Oakley Carbon?

Soldato
its not real carbon

besides wouldnt carbon be way too brittle .

the oakley snow goggles i owned where just carbon effect anyway :(

Soldato
I love my oakleys to pieces, i dont think a day has gone by this summer that i've not worn them. http://oakley.com/o/o1235d

When i first got them i handled them incredibly carefully and would constantly polish them, now after 2years use i realise how strong they are. Not a scratch on them despite dropping them on the lenses on concrete and generally treating them with much less care. My next pair of sunnies will almost certainly be oakleys

Associate
fanger said:
That's a lot of money for something you'll probably sit on and crush p****d one night.

but providing you don't damage the lenses you can send them back to oakley and they'll repair the frames for free. that is a good insurance policy to me :) (although my gf dropped them and has now scratched the lenses :mad: )

nin9a

Soldato
Mohinder said:
I really like the more subtle ones (like those, the Whys, and the Crosshairs) for sunglasses.

I've got the crosshairs, they're amazing! Only problem i had is that i keep crushing them! They've been bent totally out of shape but i've never had a problem bending them back. Lenses have to be glued in though... Think i would avoid metal frames in future...

Soldato
OP
So, we're not sure about whether it's real Carbon or not :rolleyes:
What looks better tho, Black or Carbon?

OR

Having democratically decided that Oakley's aren't a rip off - is their custom / built to order service a rip off?

Thanks for clarifying about the Polarized writing (Still wondering whether it looks naff from the front)

[Soo many questions...]

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
MINI PANIC: They're one size fits all aren't they?
As a 16yr old I'm gona have a smaller head than an 40/50yr old.
:eek:
EDIT: Google says one-size fits all (There is no sizing)
XS Fives - I wonder how small & "A youth frame..."

Anyone small headed (IYSWIM) tryed full-size oakleys?

Last edited:
Associate
Ive got a pair of polarized jet black half jackets. they are dead light and comfy. the 'polarized' is wriiten on the bottom corner of one of the lenses and is impossible to see while wearing them and still hard to see even when looking at them. the lenses are great. good and clear and no eye strain at all. i would recommend them. though id go try a pair on first on the high street to be sure.

Associate
Oooh im tempted!

i quite like the look of the plasma frame, although im not sure i should go with anything other than black in this country (dont ask me why?)

Not sure what colour lenses would suit it, the ice ones look ok - opinions?

Sorry for semi-hijack mate!

Soldato
Get Black with silver emblem and the half jacket Black Iridium Polorized Lens - Thats what looks best with Oakleys

Either shape in the half jacket lens, my friend got the squared ones and they look awesome.

Carbon looks too tacky imo :)

I thought about them at first...

s-

Soldato
OP
Syk3 said:
Get Black with silver emblem and the half jacket Black Iridium Polorized Lens - Thats what looks best with Oakleys

Either shape in the half jacket lens, my friend got the squared ones and they look awesome.

Carbon looks too tacky imo :)

I thought about them at first...

s-

Back
Top Bottom