Sunglasses?

Soldato
Got a pair from decathlon a few months ago think I've paid around £30 polarised and all that, fits well etc.. they had tones for sale from not so wellknown brands but it's easy to try them on. going for another pair soon with lighter tint for the winter as current ones are full black out.

Permabanned
It's all about looking good :p

29323210595_717f25c70e_z.jpg

Only a middle aged man would think oakelys look good. :p

Soldato
Foakleys from Aliexpress have been faultless for 18 months now. 3 sets of lenses. Even took them to my optician who checked them and confirm that they are 100%UV/polarised protected lenses for £18!! will order another pair this winter.

Soldato
Foakleys from Aliexpress have been faultless for 18 months now. 3 sets of lenses. Even took them to my optician who checked them and confirm that they are 100%UV/polarised protected lenses for £18!! will order another pair this winter.

I'll see if I can find this seller, about to plunge on a real pair after my last set of fakes lasted 2 months but could tell they were made of cheese from the off :p didn't have the nose piece lens mechanism or adjustable arms etc.

Last edited:
Associate
I'll see if I can find this seller, about to plunge on a real pair after my last set of fakes last 2 months but could tell they were made of cheese from the off :p didn't have the nose piece lens mechanism etc.

Would be surprised if they're still online. That's the biggest issue with Ali, shops get taken down so frequently that I never get to use the same seller twice!

Soldato
I have ordered some no-name glasses from Aliexpress. They look really cool, but they are very cheap :) I just want to see the quality of the products from there. They have sent my order via Aramex delivery, and it will be delivered soon. Can't wait ;)

My first set of 'Jaw-breakered' :p glasses didn't last longer than 2 months but were fine other than a low level construction (plastic hinges) and a poor finish.

Have another set arriving from a different seller which look to be much better at least in pictures with the proper lens clasp, nose piece and adjustable arms.

Once I find a style/size I like I'll probably plonk for a legitimate pair as buying knock-offs 3-4 times a year is a false economy, though you can keep up with the fashions...

Soldato
I have some Uvex glasses at the moment.
I dont ever spend too much on glasses because they only last 1 season for me. I'll usually drop them, lose them, crash on them, or break them in some other way. If they do survive a whole season the lenses will be trashed from wiping road dirt off them.

Soldato
My first set of 'Jaw-breakered' :p glasses didn't last longer than 2 months but were fine other than a low level construction (plastic hinges) and a poor finish.

Have another set arriving from a different seller which look to be much better at least in pictures with the proper lens clasp, nose piece and adjustable arms.

Once I find a style/size I like I'll probably plonk for a legitimate pair as buying knock-offs 3-4 times a year is a false economy, though you can keep up with the fashions...

Having worn the real things with the photochromic lenses for a few rides in the changing lights, they're really very good. Clear from misting up very quickly and seem to perform really well in low light.

Soldato
Having worn the real things with the photochromic lenses for a few rides in the changing lights, they're really very good. Clear from misting up very quickly and seem to perform really well in low light.

I found my 'replica's' collected sweat from my brow all over the inside of the lens which seemed apparent with authentic pairs too from some reviews but the lack of a proper nose piece on my cheap copies probably amplified this :p

Soldato
The replacements were on my desk upon my return from holiday. Much better first impressions than the last pair. Generally better quality over all, adjustable arms, correct lens securing system, nose piece and branded lenses & other bits.

Will see how they fare...

W3SEDIRl.jpg

jMIfRJ7l.jpg

tt7AAfol.jpg

GdarGS4l.jpg

2fik0aMl.jpg

ko1lP1ol.jpg

Soldato
OP
I finally gave up on cheap glasses and bought some Oakley Radar EV but had a hard time finding any with road spec lenses, I went with Prizm black iridium but having got them they are very dark - anyone run those lenses and comment how they are for road riding? I am a aware too dark for off road and low light conditions and will get some clear lenses for night riding.

Soldato
I bought some chinese Jawbreakers (£22) for the lenses as my actual genuine Oakley's only came with the 1 lens. I've ended up wearing them more than the genuine ones! :rolleyes:

Around 8 months old, no issues. One of the rubber bits on one of the arms fell off so I bought some (allegedly) genuine Oakley replacement arms from ebay and they've been fine (cost about £8). Should've bought my genuines in a white/red colour rather than the CVNDSH ones in Black/Green.

Back
Top Bottom