sunshine in a bottle

Soldato
felt sort of low and snappy today ,now after a bottle of cider feel great ,when i think about it i cant remember a week i havnt had a drink in over 20 years, think the feel good bits of my brain have sort of come to depend on it , thing is i think i should give up but just dont want to
so thats me a weak willed alchoholic maybe, but could you give up? or want to give up? i mean look at freshers week arnt you taught that alcohol is the way to enjoy your social life ? look at big brother they get a task right and they are rewarded by alchohol. anyway thats it ,just thinking

Soldato
I've had 4 cans tonight, I felt in the mood to have a few tonight.

Last time I had a drink was last monday. I really can't see how I could become dependant on drink, unless I started drinking daily - but I really don't have those sort of urges.

Soldato
I got drunk for the first time on Friday, it was bloody brilliant.

Started off with a Budweiser then had a shot each of Jack Daniels, Chivas Regal and Smirnoff throughout the night.

What a bloody excellent night. I was even humping a tree!

Caporegime
Well easy to quit, all depends on yourself though. I hate hangovers, much like the one just now, and one reason why I hardly drink.

Just stop and give yourself a break from it.

Soldato
OP
well nothings changed , must have enough brain cells left, not destroyed by alcohol that i remembered the thread, its all covered in the on the wagon thread, weird i randomly remembered it

Last edited:
Soldato
felt sort of low and snappy today ,now after a bottle of cider feel great ,when i think about it i cant remember a week i havnt had a drink in over 20 years, think the feel good bits of my brain have sort of come to depend on it , thing is i think i should give up but just dont want to
so thats me a weak willed alchoholic maybe, but could you give up? or want to give up? i mean look at freshers week arnt you taught that alcohol is the way to enjoy your social life ? look at big brother they get a task right and they are rewarded by alchohol. anyway thats it ,just thinking
I have been a drinker all my adult life, as a chef, we'd get a free beer or 2 after every shift, so, while i was never a heavy drinker, (maybe 4 or 5 pints on days off and a couple during workdays), i drank pretty much every night! I wasn't proud of it, and I knew when to stop, but I was definitely borderline alcoholic. I made a huge change in my life in March this year though after major surgery (nothing to do with alcohol though). I decided as i'm getting older now, I wanted to make positive changes in my life to get fitter, but I didn't want to cut out alcohol all together, so since I came out of hospital, i've stopped drinking during the week and now only drink on a friday and saturday night and stay sober for the other 5 nights. I've also been going to the gym and swim at least 3km a week now. I feel much better in my health now, and for the first time in my adult life, I see alcohol as a treat to look forward to after a hard week at work rather than a necessity to wind down from work with.

After typing all this out, i've just realized it's a huge thread revival, but i still think my post is valid. If I can make a huge change in my habits like that, anybody can :)

Back
Top Bottom