US: Superman and Lois Lane tv Series (Cw)

Soldato
I dropped CW shows entirely awhile back as I was sick of the poor quality and agenda ridden writing.

If this is genuinely different I might give it a shot, I actually quite like some of the cast.

Soldato
Apart from a bit of teen with social issues drama, it's actually quite good. Budget, FX and a bit more grit are a big step up from the usual CW stuff.

I rolled my eyes at the troubled teen thing at the start, but I got past it and was pleasantly surprised.

Soldato
Thought that myself. Was expecting it to be along the lines of the other The CW shows, mainly
  • The Flash: Bunch of whiny millenials, sitting around crying about their feelings with a Flash who is pretty much useless and who regularly gets beaten by everybody, including normal humans.
  • Supergirl: All men are evil.
  • Batwoman: Woke to the extreme. Everyone is either ethnic, gay or ethnic and gay. And again, all men are evil.

Caporegime
I'll never understand why they seem to make superman look as if what should be a menial task for him is taking some kind of effort. The piece of ice for example, he looked like he was straining to lift it...why exactly? This is a Character that in past incarnations has moved the Moon with zero effort, yet some ice takes a bit of a toll?

Reactions: TNA
Caporegime
I'll never understand why they seem to make superman look as if what should be a menial task for him is taking some kind of effort. The piece of ice for example, he looked like he was straining to lift it...why exactly? This is a Character that in past incarnations has moved the Moon with zero effort, yet some ice takes a bit of a toll?

Middle-age gets to us all :p

• Haha
Reactions: TNA
Caporegime
seems okay so far but will inevitably turn in to a family drama.

feels like I already watched it even :p it's basically the superman we know with kids

hopefully one of the kids has powers and turns evil but I doubt it

Soldato
I finally got around to watching the first episode.

I have to say I was pleasantly surprised by this, I was expecting another typical CW show that was heavy on ideology. While there was still the odd thing, it was very much toned down and I found that I enjoyed the episode quite a bit. It's a good dynamic for a Superman show, he's already an established adult with two teenaged kids. It offers something for the grown up fans and of course the teen aspect is there for the kids, if things continue as they have I can see this becoming a very good family show.

Caporegime
So lois is able to jam a pen into this guys lug and draw blood but superman using him as a speedbag has no effect. k...

Was expecting a Mortal Kombat moment there for a bit as well. Was an up and down episode, the constant "angsty teen" **** is getting annoying.

Soldato
I watched most episodes over the weekend and thought it was pretty good. Not really a big fan of the teen stuff especially the constant, we know this is wrong but we are going to do it anyway because we are teens bits. But the Superman stuff is actually pretty good. Visuals and production values are also very good and deffo inspired by Man of Steel.. Except the bit with the train, the CG on that was pretty terrible but that said it was like some scenes in the flash where they pretty much transpose cells from a comic book page to the screen and it gets a very cartoony look..

Soldato
Been enjoying it more than most of the other DC series at the moment, it's not perfect and some of it really doesn't make sense but overall it's been ok, the choice for superman (even though I remember him from Teen Wolf) seems ok, no Henry Cavill but passable for tv shows.

Back
Top Bottom