1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Surely this is a stupid thing to do?

Discussion in 'Motors' started by FlapR, Jun 6, 2019.

1. koolpc

Capodecina

Slam his brakes on? Lol, really?

2. Raymond Lin

Capo Crimine

Mountain out of a molehill.

3. Entai

Capo Crimine

Try watching your own video for a start.

The other cars brake lights come on at 13 seconds into the clip, he becomes level with the limo at 23 seconds, so he started braking a full ten seconds before getting to the limo, I would have said that was perfectly reasonable behavior and not in any way "slamming on his brakes"

Secondly once you had passed the vehicle at the start of the clip you carried on for well over 10 to 12 seconds in the right hand lane when you should have been in the left hand lane as there was nothing there preventing you from moving over as any normal considerate driver would have done.

And finally yes I would have done the same thing, I always slow and show respect when passing a hearse in convoy with limo's obviously traveling slowly as you know they are on a job so to speak.

A hearse on their own is a different matter, as I have often been passed by them on dual carriageways or motorways when not on a job.

4. Basher

Soldato

Would I brake in a reasonably calm way to reduce my speed to go past a hearse? Yes, yes I would.

He braked WELL before being level with the limo

5. PooKer

Hitman

clearly just wants to get the views up on the video.

6. CaptainRAVE

Man of Honour

Meh. Yesterday I got pushed onto the otherside of the road by a van. Fortunately there was no oncoming car. There's some crazies out there.

7. ttaskmaster

Sgarrista

Video image isn't massively good quality... at least not clear enough to see ahead, so no idea what was happening on front of that car.

I saw the car apply the brakes and move out to the right side of his lane, as if someone had just pulled out on him?
    I also note a bike on L-plates and a tractor. Might be the bike had just passed the hearse, or one of the others was looking to pass the tractor?

Either way, non-event. 2/10.

8. Dr Who

Sgarrista

Well judging by the footage you were less than 2 seconds from the car in front so I would hand back a bit!

9. FlapR

Hitman

Cheers for the feedback guys, I'm going to buy a 530d, ditch the dashcam and fly past hearses from now on :D

10. Acme

Caporegime

He didn't exactly "slam" them on, and you are both lane hogging. Stop it.

11. nemtizz

Capodecina

12. Simon

Capodecina

Non issue.

13. beachBOYken

Sgarrista

OP, nothing at all wrong with that.

First off it looks like the road changes a little further up with them yellow lines, small junction.

Plus there is a tractor in the right lane going about 20mph, a car could pull out out to overtake, so the car in front did the correct thing in slowing down.

14. loltim

Capodecina

both lane hogging but the guy in front could have pulled in behind the hearse, rather than slowing down OP for no reason (no offence dead people).

15. GuruJockStrap

Sgarrista

I'd be more concerned what looks to be bird poo thats dried on your bonnet. Will corrode the paintwork.

16. Nasher

Capodecina

The speed limit is the speed limit, it doesn't decrease in proximity of hearses. People shouldn't put their brakes on unless they need to.

I don't think it's disrespectful to fly by. At my funeral I want cars as fast and loud as possible :D

17. mrk

Man of Terrible Jokes

Only because you think the turbulence and sound waves generated might bring you back :p

18. NVP

Mobster

It is. Don't.

19. The_Abyss

Capodecina

Not drive 20 feet from his rear bumper and be an ******.

20. Basher

Soldato

:confused: How far does this stretch? The speed limit is the speed limit so ... don't slow down for speed bumps? Run over a pedestrian if they're crossing the road too slowly?