• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Swapping from 5800x to 5700x3d….nuts or not

Sounds like you are dead set on AM5.

Save the money and shift to AM5 now, grab a AM5 board and 7600/7600X (these CPU's are so cheap). Then you are ready to drop in your AM5 X3D CPU. Also this will help to cure your upgrade itch :P

Last edited:
Totally, I tend to buy big and then not bother touching for a few years, hence wanting the 9800x3d and 5080

I still use a AMD 610e, it's fine for general windows use. Only with encoding music I notice it's slower than my ryzen 7, but that's too be expected that's a octo core and much newer.

I'd say unless your PC is unbearingly slow, like 10+ seconds to load firefox or something like that, just leave it.

After having a bit of a play with mine, running with an RTX3080 10GB at 1440p high-ish settings I would say I get minimal if any increase in peak frames, but I do feel like there is rarely now a case were the frames noticably drop low, its much smoother. The GPU is running ~98% utilitsation pretty much solid and the CPU is running ~50%, the CPU barely ever boosts much above ~3.7GHz and the temps rarely get above 60°C under air (CO -30 all core).

Seems running an RTX3080 with it isnt taxing enough, which is good, cos it means I have another updgrade path without shelling out on MB, Ram etc.

After having a bit of a play with mine, running with an RTX3080 10GB at 1440p high-ish settings I would say I get minimal if any increase in peak frames, but I do feel like there is rarely now a case were the frames noticably drop low, its much smoother. The GPU is running ~98% utilitsation pretty much solid and the CPU is running ~50%, the CPU barely ever boosts much above ~3.7GHz and the temps rarely get above 60°C under air (CO -30 all core).

Make sure your CPU does actually boost to 4.05GHz or else you may have an issue where you're motherboard is constricting your CPU performance which can happen when changing from an non-x3d to a x3d depending on what overclock you might have setup before. A factory bios reset is probably the best bet when changing the CPU.

Back
Top Bottom