SweetFX - (InjectSMAA shader injector) Thread

Soldato
Excuse my ignorance, but how do I get this to work with borderlands 2 ?

Stick it in the game folder(wherever the exe is) and then open up sweetfx settings and replace the text with one of the custom ones(or tweak everything yourself). I have not tried it with Borderlands 2(don't have it) but I am sure there are a few configs knocking about.

Caporegime
down sampling is where its at unless you want the colour tones and then you would be better off using fxaa tool which comes with a nice little gui and you can change the effects on the fly.

got my gpu pumping out 2560x1440
my monitor displays it as 1920x1080
AA without the need for external programs or dlls :D

Soldato
Installed this on BF3 folder while it looks like its worked I cant get it to enable and disable with keys?

scroll Lock or pause is ment to switch it on and off yes?

Edit
Screen Shot key works has I have SS in BF3 folder from pressing that key. Is it ment to switch on and off on the fly?

Last edited:
Caporegime
Tried it a few years back but it was a right pita using AMD, afaik it's easier to do on Nvidia, is that what your using arknor?
i used amddownsamplinggui to add a custom resolution
unticked "enable gui scaling" in the amd drivers monitor section"
job done :D

some people need to use a generic monitor driver as often the real ones wont let you use resolutions outside of your monitors spec.

my monitor doesnt actually display outside of its spec anyway i double checked in my monitors menu and its still showing 1920x1080 even if my desktop res or a game is set much higher

apprently downsampling used to be a lot harder before the amd 5000 series came out

heres the guide i followed http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=366244

Associate
Trying to get this working on borderlands 2 but it doesn't make any difference.
Do I need to have af or fxaa off in the game settings?
Or does my 5850 not support this?
Can't see a SweetFX_settings.txt config for borderlands 2.
The screen shots look amazing.

Soldato
Code:
   /*-----------------------------------------------------------.   
  /                      Choose effects                         /
  '-----------------------------------------------------------*/

// Set to 1 for ON or 0 for OFF
#define USE_SMAA_ANTIALIASING 1
#define USE_LUMASHARPEN 1 //Also sharpens the antialiased edges which makes them less smooth - I'm working on fixing that.
#define USE_BLOOM 0       // Bloom makes bright lights bleed their light into their surroundings (relatively high performance cost)
#define USE_HDR 1         // Not actual HDR - It just tries to mimic an HDR look (relatively high performance cost)
#define USE_TECHNICOLOR 0
#define USE_TONEMAP 0
#define USE_VIBRANCE 0   //Intelligently saturates (or desaturates if you use negative values) the pixels depending on their original saturation.
#define USE_SEPIA 0
#define USE_VIGNETTE 1    //Darkens the edges of the image to make it more look like it was shot with a camera lens. May cause banding artifacts.
#define USE_DITHER 0      //Applies dithering to simulate more colors than your monitor can display. This lessens banding artifacts.

/                  SMAA Anti-aliasing settings                /

#define SMAA_THRESHOLD 0.08           // (0.08-0.20) Edge detection threshold
#define SMAA_MAX_SEARCH_STEPS 60      // [0-98] Determines the radius SMAA will search for aliased edges
#define SMAA_MAX_SEARCH_STEPS_DIAG 20  // [0-16] Determines the radius SMAA will search for diagonal aliased edges
#define SMAA_CORNER_ROUNDING 40       // [0-100] Determines the percent of antialiasing to apply to corners.

// -- Advanced SMAA settings --
#define COLOR_EDGE_DETECTION 1        // 1 Enables color edge detection (slower but more acurate) - 0 uses luma edge detection (faster)
#define SMAA_DIRECTX9_LINEAR_BLEND 0  // Using DX9 HARDWARE? (software version doesn't matter) if so this needs to be 1 - If not, leave it at 0.

/                       LumaSharpen settings                  /
// -- Sharpening --
#define sharp_strength 0.9 // (0.2-2.0)Strength of the sharpening
#define sharp_clamp 0.05  // [0.0-1.0]Limits maximum amount of sharpening a pixel recieves - Default is 0.050

// -- Advanced sharpening settings --
#define pattern 2          // Choose a sample pattern [ 1, 2, 3 or 4 ] - I suggest 2
#define offset_bias 1.0    // [0.0-6.0](1.0) Offset bias adjusts the radius of the sampling pattern.
                           // I designed the pattern for offset_bias 1.0, but feel free to experiment.

// -- Debug settings --
#define splitscreen 0      // Enables the before-and-after splitscreen comparison mode. Left side is before.
#define show_sharpen 0     // Visualize the strength of the sharpen (multiplied by 4 to see it better)

/                       Bloom settings                        /
#define BloomThreshold 20.25
#define BloomPower 0.5
#define BloomWidth 0.0120

/                        HDR settings                         /
#define HDRPower 1.30  //Strangely lowering this makes the image brighter
#define radius2 0.85   //Raising this seems to make the effect stronger and also brighter

/                      TECHNICOLOR settings                   /
#define TechniAmount .2
#define TechniPower 2.8
#define redNegativeAmount 0.88
#define greenNegativeAmount 0.88
#define blueNegativeAmount 0.88

/                        Tonemap settings                     /
#define Gamma 1.0
#define Exposure -0.5
#define Saturation .05
#define Bleach 0
#define Defog 0.01
#define FogColor float4(2.55, 2.55, 0, 0)

/                       Vibrance settings                     /
#define Vibrance 0.2  //Intelligently saturates (or desaturates if you use negative values) the pixels depending on their original saturation.

/                         Sepia settings                      /
#define ColorTone float3(1.12, 0.66, 0.20)
#define SepiaPower 0.25
#define GreyPower 0.15

/                       Vignette settings                     /
#define VignetteRadius 2.8  // lower values = stronger radial effect from center
#define VignetteAmount -2  // Strength of black. -2.00 = Max Black, 1.00 = Max White.
#define VignetteSlope 2.9      // How far away from the center the change should start to really grow strong (odd numbers cause a larger fps drop than even numbers)
#define VignetteCenter float2(0.500, 0.500) // Center of screen for effect.

/                        Dither settings                      /
//No settings yet, beyond switching it on or off in the top section.

Here are my sweetfx settings for Dishonored. It makes the game look amazing!

8080111092_dac79277aa_h.jpg

8081008220_2ae4c688aa_h.jpg

Awesome settings, thanks so much LateX'Dog. It adds so much more depth to the environment.

Soldato
Just tried this on Deus Ex Human Revolution and it looks quite good, though I don't really know what I am doing so could use a preset config tbh. Overall picture is much improved though.

When it comes to graphics, I am one of those people who is happy to be told what looks better tbh:o

Soldato
Yeah thanks for looking, I have just tried that actually(only one I could find). The game looks much better with it on, though I can't decide between that one and one I was using for Dishonored tbh.

ENB does funny things to that game for me, so this is a most welcome alternative.

Soldato
Just tried this with XCOM. It's already a nice looking game, but SweetFX makes some of the squad detail a bit sharper.

+1 for this thread, we should build a nice collection of custom configs in here.

Soldato
i used amddownsamplinggui to add a custom resolution
unticked "enable gui scaling" in the amd drivers monitor section"
job done :D

some people need to use a generic monitor driver as often the real ones wont let you use resolutions outside of your monitors spec.

my monitor doesnt actually display outside of its spec anyway i double checked in my monitors menu and its still showing 1920x1080 even if my desktop res or a game is set much higher

apprently downsampling used to be a lot harder before the amd 5000 series came out

heres the guide i followed http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=366244

Quoted for non-nonconfusionitis sufferers.:p

Thanks very much, always wondered to see it in action, I will give it a crack.:D

Caporegime
if windows stops you enabling a custom resolution outside your monitors spec just try ne of the generic drivers posted on guru3d, you will need to reboot after installing one.

(your monitor shouldnt display at that actual res mine still shows 1920x1080 in its menu)

i leave my desktop at 1920x1080 and only set acual games to the custom higher resolution because the desktop looks all odd downsampled

Back
Top Bottom