System partition suddenly showing up?

Soldato
My C: has either 3 or 4 partiitons. I say 3 or 4 because Windows itself only shows 3 in the Disk Manager, but Partition Manager shows 4.
That said, the one partition that is bugging me, is for some reason, no longer invisible when I double click on the My Computer Icon.

for example, I get my normal C: D: E: F: and T: Hard drives, and my BDRW and DVDRW Drives and my VirtualCD Drive and my Network drives al lshow up as normal, but for the last few days, I have seen a 100MB G: Rear its ugly mug and it says that its a 90.6GB with 74GB Free!

Now, I am unable to open the thing, but I have been able to rename it... It was unnamed and showing up as LOGICAL DISK and now its called WTF

When I look in both the built-in Windows Disk manager, and with Partition Manager, I can see that its one of the Drive C:s system partitions. I have set it up in EFI mode and as such, there is the 3 extra partitions, as well as the normal C: and this partition named WTF is on of those.

There is no disk letter assigned to it, but windows itself has given it G:

I have tried removing the assigned letter by forcing another one and then removing that, but it didnt work.

This has never happened before.

Anyone know how I can get rid of it like it should be?

Soldato
OP
Not intentionally, unless the normal automatic updates have done it for me.
Small but irritating issue that Im not happy at all with.

I hope they get it sorted sooner rather than later then cos its getting on my pip.

Thanks mate.

Back
Top Bottom