Tabletop Warhammer?

Soldato
Off for two weeks so should hopefully get my Wulfen done and another sqaud started.

It's a bit cooler this week 20degrees but my paint is drying so fast on my wet pallet hah

The GW pots are really starting to frig me off also and even the ones I transferred into cheap dropper. Their nibs break and start to leak covering the cap in paint.

Have a large collection of GW paint I wish I hadn't of went nuts on hah but it does help with me being colour blind a touch.

Soldato
Off for two weeks so should hopefully get my Wulfen done and another sqaud started.

It's a bit cooler this week 20degrees but my paint is drying so fast on my wet pallet hah

The GW pots are really starting to frig me off also and even the ones I transferred into cheap dropper. Their nibs break and start to leak covering the cap in paint.

Have a large collection of GW paint I wish I hadn't of went nuts on hah but it does help with me being colour blind a touch.

Yea the citadel paints great, the pots are terrible, I have a routine now every time I open one I run a brush round the rim where the paint collects to try to stop them clogging.

I bought a couple of vallejo the other day so gonna give those a go but also bought 'goblin green' by Army Painter, terrible paint, so watery.

Im doing a test on some gretchin to get my ork skin right and after two coats of it its not even covered the undercoat at all, so its getting emptied out and il keep the dropper.

Soldato
Every few months, I go through my GW paints with a pair of tweezers, peeling off the old dry paint around the lids and hinges. It's actually very therapeutic if you have the time. And it helps keep your paint fresh. I also got a lipstick mixer and I use it to mix my GW pots - works better than hand-shaking!

Associate
Every few months, I go through my GW paints with a pair of tweezers, peeling off the old dry paint around the lids and hinges. It's actually very therapeutic if you have the time. And it helps keep your paint fresh. I also got a lipstick mixer and I use it to mix my GW pots - works better than hand-shaking!
I bought 50 glass mixing balls from ebay. They work a great. Have put 1 into all my GW and Vallejo pots. The army painter ones all have them in I think.
I am not impressed with Vallejo. The paint is too goopy and in some cases even vigorous mixing leaves me with obvious pigment flakes and crap coverage, especially with some of there metalics.
I bought GW abadon black and flash gitz yellow and they are good, but they can still require multiple coats to get a nice finish.
I find Army Painter, Both the standard and Speedpaint range to be superior and they are also slightly cheaper than GW at my local independent store.

Commissario
I found the same with some of the vallejo game colour paints :(
The air paints were fine.

The best thing for mixing that I've found was a decent vortex mixer (around £90 from sciquip for their veri mix) as it's recovered paints I thought were beyond saving, it's expensive but in our case paid for itself fairly quickly (tip buy the universal plate for it, and get some very stiff foam from a local upholstery store, you can make bottle holds just the right size for GW and vallejo pots).

Soldato
I bought 50 glass mixing balls from ebay. They work a great. Have put 1 into all my GW and Vallejo pots. The army painter ones all have them in I think.
I am not impressed with Vallejo. The paint is too goopy and in some cases even vigorous mixing leaves me with obvious pigment flakes and crap coverage, especially with some of there metalics.
I bought GW abadon black and flash gitz yellow and they are good, but they can still require multiple coats to get a nice finish.
I find Army Painter, Both the standard and Speedpaint range to be superior and they are also slightly cheaper than GW at my local independent store.
Yep, I got the similar beads and use them in all my paints. They're great.

Soldato
The GW pots get even more frustrating when air brushing. Going to try some better quality bottles to decant them into.

Got quite a lot of stuff from GW that I probably could have done without buying hah

Just about to buy a 3d Resin printer.

I love action figures and statues and my middle daughter is amazing at drawing and painting. So I wouldn't mind encouraging her to paint some statues.

Hah who I'm I trying to kid. I'm just after a new toy.

Soldato
va

vallejo model colour are good, game colour not, both game and model metallics are bad, their air metallics are really good, vallejo metal color are the best (I only use silver or aluminium depending on what I can get hold of and then tint it with other colours e.g. yellow for gold etc.)

Soldato
Almost completed my Wulfen super chuffed how they ate turning out. Had new flooring put down and just waiting on Skirting going down to rebuild my desk!!

Also if anyone is after a handle don't waste your money on the GW ones.

Grab the redgrass v2 and a few caps for it.

Soldato
We walked past the shop on another errand. 6 year old ended up painting one of the free figures and taking it home. He really enjoyed it.

They gave us an intro magazine to work our way through with challenges and every 10 completed ones you get a 'reward'. Any idea what these rewards are?

I'm trying to gauge his interest before diving full in with the various starter packs and paint packs.

I think there's a monthly figure you get for free as well and I'll see how he fares with that as well.

Pet Northerner
Don
I really need to get back into painting, I haven't touched a thing in over a year (after packing up for my house move). I've bought every kill team release with the intention of easing back into things but yeah, that's a big old cupboard of shame D:

Associate
Seriously thinking about getting back into the hobby, but don’t won’t go down the 40k route again. Wish fantasy was still going, anyone play age of sigmar.
What’s it actually like, I remember when it got released, what was around the same time I stopped collecting any games work shop models. It got a lot of negative reviews on YouTube at the time.

Back
Top Bottom