Taekwondo

Associate
As best as I understand it:

1 point for kicking the body armour
2 points for spin-kicking the body armour
3 points for kicking the head
4 points for spin kicking the head

Kicks to the body are registered with the electronic system, while kicks to the head must be agreed upon by the three judges.

The referee can also award penalty cards for various transgressions (attacking when an opponent is down, falling over to prevent an opponent atacking, going outside the area, etc.) If enough of these cards build up points are awarded to the opponent.

Soldato
+1 cant believe they left out our best medal hope for Taekwondo. Bit mindboggling to leave the world number one at home for these olympics, he must have done something to really nark them off.

He left their academy and from then on, he became world no.1 with wins after win. GBTKD didn't like it, so they snubbed him for Mo. Petty politics.

I use to run my University TKD and BTCB is an utter whore for control.

Unfortunately Mo was caught in the crossfire, if anyone is to be blamed, it's the 'Committee of Expert' in GBTKD and IOC not willing to put a harder stance on questioning their transparency. This is going to hang over a young fighter with huge potential.

Caporegime
He left their academy and from then on, he became world no.1 with wins after win. GBTKD didn't like it, so they snubbed him for Mo. Petty politics.

I use to run my University TKD and BTCB is an utter whore for control.

Unfortunately Mo was caught in the crossfire, if anyone is to be blamed, it's the 'Committee of Expert' in GBTKD and IOC not willing to put a harder stance on questioning their transparency. This is going to hang over a young fighter with huge potential.

Wow thats pretty pathetic of them to do that...could have bagged us another gold :/

Back
Top Bottom