Takeaway / fast food general discussion

Soldato
It's the nitrite preservatives in the likes of bacon that are the carcinogenic part ?

Instead of government banning fast food advertising pre-watershed, perhaps they should allow pictures of the living conditions of the likes of McDonalds chickens, negative advertising messages are retained much better - who can forget Gillettes best a man can be.

Caporegime
It's the nitrite preservatives in the likes of bacon that are the carcinogenic part ?

Instead of government banning fast food advertising pre-watershed, perhaps they should allow pictures of the living conditions of the likes of McDonalds chickens, negative advertising messages are retained much better - who can forget Gillettes best a man can be.
What makes you think their chickens are kept in worse conditions than supermarket or any other chicken? All their meat is red tractor certificated, so it has to be a certain standard.

Soldato
What makes you think their chickens are kept in worse conditions than supermarket or any other chicken? All their meat is red tractor certificated, so it has to be a certain standard.

Yea the problem with "red tractor" is its all BS, theres been undercover filming of so called "certified" farms. And the standards are terrible.

People think we have "humane" farming in this country, I used to believe these lies as well.

Soldato
Yea the problem with "red tractor" is its all BS, theres been undercover filming of so called "certified" farms. And the standards are terrible.

People think we have "humane" farming in this country, I used to believe these lies as well.
Yeah there's plenty videos showing how tragic it actually is for the animals, standards are either really really low or only apply for the one day of the year the inspector visits

Permabanned
Never understood why McDs is so popular. Like their Sausage McMuffins. Their burgers are meh and don't mention their fries. Even as a teen, I had to go with the flow when I was in town with my friends as they all wanted McDs.

I remember when McDs started to reopen their drive thrus bit by bit in late Spring 2020, the nearest one to open in the first phase was 45 miles away. Mu dad found a McDs bag on a bench with the receipt by it and it was from the 45 miles away. Anyone driving 90 miles round trip to get a cardboard burger has a sad life.

Have a McDs 10 mins walk from me. On the first day of the drive thru was reopened, the roads were gridlocked. It's a good job I live in walking distance to work!

Seeing cars in the drive thru on Boxing Day, Easter Sunday is pathetic.

Soldato
Yeah there's plenty videos showing how tragic it actually is for the animals, standards are either really really low or only apply for the one day of the year the inspector visits

Yup, they all cover themselves as well, the proper operational practices seem to be completely ignored at a "small family run" slaughterhouse, and the FSA said no breaches were made :confused:

Strange, I would have thought taking your sadist anger out on a cow and cutting the head off another while not stunned properly would definitely be a breach of some standards. (all captured on secret filming btw)

The place in question has a petition to shut it down not that itll change anything i doubt... https://www.change.org/p/shut-down-c-j-byford-son

SPG

SPG

Soldato
More of a subway fan myself, but I still have to question myself as to why i am paying £5 for salad box, but if fair fills me up and their Taste like chicken Tikka is not so bad, but it probably got just as much crap in it as a bit of chicken tbh. The irony of the ingredient list of a plant based burger is not lost on me, processed is still processed folks.

But most fast food in the UK is crap. I refuse to buy stuff from these small rat infested kebab houses that have the footfall of 2 people every 3 weeks and somehow manage to stay open is bizarre state of affairs.

Soldato
Yup, they all cover themselves as well, the proper operational practices seem to be completely ignored at a "small family run" slaughterhouse, and the FSA said no breaches were made :confused:
Presume you're talking about this one - https://www.clactonandfrintongazett...lacton-slaughterhouse-recording-secret-video/ no idea how the FSA found no breaches having seen the footage, I mean I don't have an issue with people eating meat it's their choice at a personal moral level but they should at least know the reality of where and how that meat came to be, maybe food packages should start showing images of animal slaughter in the syle of cigarette packaging

Soldato
OP
Ordered one of these tonight:

B25-AD03-C-C31-C-41-C0-A66-A-43-CBD4-F0-DCA0.jpg

What did it turn out to be? A personal pizza folded in half. No, no, not like a calzone…just a regular pizza folded in two that rapidly unfolded itself. :cry::cry:

Associate
I've given up in Deliveroo, drives of recent are horrific. We live on a street with path only, rear parking, you then walk to the front of the houses. This is not mind blowing stuff, but yesterday the delivery dude just went in huge circles to all the surrounding streets for 20 minutes. Sent him a Google link with a pinpoint marker outside the front door but nope, it's as if they've never used Google Maps before or use some burner phone with no data PAYG.
I got a refund after he gave up.

Today i ordered some place else, different dude "my gps take to rear of property, please come", I politely asked him to walk to the front door, he hung up and left it outside the fear garden gate balanced on a concrete post.

Domino's seem to use local lads that understand UK streets, same with local takeaways I've ordered direct from but seems these Deliveroo courier just cover vast areas (this is Essex) and therefore must be mind blown when they just insert the post code and hope for the best.

They used to be good, beat JustEast because you order from restaurants instead just straight up takeaways

Back
Top Bottom