TaoTronics Dual Mesh system

Soldato
Hey guys,

having trouble with my powerline adapters in my man cave, specifically my Xbox. I have since ran an Ethernet cable from the router to the Xbox directly and seems more stable so far..

with advice on OCUK other thread, a mesh system is the best / only way to go.

I was looking at, the TaoTronics Mesh system (2 pack).

how do they hold up? Seem good on the Tube reviews?

cheers.

Soldato
Run a cable. Even in a rented property you can run a flat cable just taped to the skirting boards and around door frames and under carpets. It won’t damage anything and your problem will simply cease to exist.

they get good reviews, i have been using a tenda mw6 setup and whist some parts of my network are wired i need to go fully wireless for a time
reviews seem positive and they are a fair bit faster than the mw6 so i have bought a pair to try as they are a good price at the moment

would prefer to be wired but that not going to happen :confused:

Soldato
OP
Run a cable. Even in a rented property you can run a flat cable just taped to the skirting boards and around door frames and under carpets. It won’t damage anything and your problem will simply cease to exist.

i have 4 doors to wrap round and would probably need at least a 50m Ethernet cable for this. So really this isn’t an option.

they get good reviews, i have been using a tenda mw6 setup and whist some parts of my network are wired i need to go fully wireless for a time
reviews seem positive and they are a fair bit faster than the mw6 so i have bought a pair to try as they are a good price at the moment

would prefer to be wired but that not going to happen :confused:

To clarify, did you say you bought a couple of the Taotronics to try? If so, did you get them on offer, ( with the discount option? ).

not sure if I can say the source I got mine from? Maybe a mod can clarify??

Soldato
OP
Well, got the routers today. Seem good. Only problem is coverage, which I think is this old building brick walls :(

so after some testing I have found to need one more for strong coverage, so ordered another 2 pack.

until then it will be the Ethernet trailing through rooms until they come, should be Friday.

actually set my 2 up, its much quicker than the MW6, 60 MBps or there abouts, i did order another set but made another account to get the £50 voucher
quite impressed but one thing i cannot find is how to reserve a ip address
maybe not as good as a wired setup but not far off, so far

Soldato
OP
actually set my 2 up, its much quicker than the MW6, 60 MBps or there abouts, i did order another set but made another account to get the £50 voucher
quite impressed but one thing i cannot find is how to reserve a ip address
maybe not as good as a wired setup but not far off, so far

yeah,my internet isn’t the fastest but still getting near the top speeds on the TaoTronics..

I also used another account to save the voucher code. :p

Back
Top Bottom