Team GB kit

Soldato
I cant find the thread where we all discussed what we thought of the new GB kit when it was released, but the general consensus was that nobody really liked it.

Has anybody else changed their mind now that we are nearly at the end of the olympics and you've probably seen all the different forms of the kit?
I was one of the ones who didnt like it when i first saw it but, having got used to it over the past few weeks, i quite like it now.

Soldato
I'm guilty of changing my mind!

I think my main issue was with the lack of red in the majority of the kits, however it was pointed out by Stella herself when she was on the BBC that it has more red than the previous Olympics kit did.

The only item I'd like is the Cycling Jersey which is sold out everywhere... London 2012 Shops, Adidas Store, Cycle Stores, Official Licensed Retailers etc. I wonder whether they intend to make any more, as the demand is huge.

Caporegime
I still don't like the track suit top things they force everyone to wear, especially people like the Equestrian team who spend the whole event looking pin sharp and then do their post event press looking like they have just nipped in from the council estate.

But the gear the athletes actually wear when competing looks quite smart. I think the cycling kit really stood out too, with the blue sleeves and red helmet.

The darker blue kit the tennis players wore was smart too.

Soldato
Play had a sale earlier in the week; very cheap merchandise. Bagged myself a pair of shorts for £5 (normally £20). Bought a footie training top a few weeks ago as well.

Soldato
I quite like it, but I'm not sure how much I'd actually wear it...

As a side point, lesson I learnt the other day... if you want the gear, don't go to the London2012 shop, look at Adidas instead... (Presumably online this applies as well)

kd

Permabanned
I quite like it, but I'm not sure how much I'd actually wear it...

As a side point, lesson I learnt the other day... if you want the gear, don't go to the London2012 shop, look at Adidas instead... (Presumably online this applies as well)

kd

Wiggle are selling it at a good discount too. ;)

Soldato
Waiting for it to go down in price.

The shell tops remind me of the oldschool addias colours of the 80's track gear, after one of those and a vest/shorts for my running/gym.

Got stung big time last year with addias when they halfed prices on everything i spent 300 quid on 2 weeks before.. call me twice, ill wait on it:)

But yeah a fan, realy does resemble the 80's gear i have a passion for.

Back
Top Bottom