Ted Lasso

Soldato
Is this still only on Apple?

Would quite like to watch, but don't really want another steaming service.

I've listened to Brett Goldstein's podcast (Films to be Buried With) from the start, albeit mostly stopped since Covid (messed up my podcast routine without the commute), and think he's great.

Soldato
Just finished S1, brilliant absolutely loved it. I would hate Ted irl with that level of unfounded optimism :p but in this you can't help but love him!

Commissario
When Apple first started mentioning this, I had no interest whatsoever. I don't care about football and I thought it was going to be some cutesy Disney style programme.

A few weeks ago I slapped the first episode on, just to see what it was about and boy was I wrong.

What a great show, really enjoying it.

Soldato
Can't work out if it's an American show with English characters, or an English show with an American lead. I assume the second, but was curious if it's gained any traction in the US. The Englishness of the characters is a bit stereotypical sometimes.

Commissario
Yeah, I've been trying to work out who it's intended for. From various reviews and comments, Americans don't seem to rate it very highly but Brits do. I wonder if it's because they've seen the lead actor and the character on TV before but we have no idea who he is.

Caporegime
2 episodes, I forget which ones feel like they were given freedom to try different things - they didn't work for me.

Season 2 not as good as 1, but still enjoyable. The two standalone episodes (christmas & beards nightout) were a bit weird.

Apparently they had a 10 episode run planned but Apple asked for two additional episodes so these standalone episodes were added.

Associate
When Apple first started mentioning this, I had no interest whatsoever. I don't care about football and I thought it was going to be some cutesy Disney style programme.

A few weeks ago I slapped the first episode on, just to see what it was about and boy was I wrong.

Pretty much same here. Even the wife has enjoyed it!

TNA

TNA

Caporegime

We only started watching it recently. Season 1 was fantastic. Unfortunately season 2 is nowhere near as good, but still good enough to continue watching. We got two episodes left to finish season 2 off.

Apparently they had a 10 episode run planned but Apple asked for two additional episodes so these standalone episodes were added.
That makes a lot of sense. I did think the extra two episodes may have had something to do with it. Beards episode did not fit in, was out of place and somewhat bizarre.

Back
Top Bottom