Ted Lasso

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I've watched most TV shows but good ones are the wire, sopranos, sherlock, breaking bad, band of brothers, justified, game of thrones, us version of the office.

Fair enough, some great tv shows on that list. What about recent ones though? What have you watched and likes the past 12 months? :)

Associate
Caught up to date with this last night. First half of the season was very meh, but it picked up towards the end and now looking forward to the last few episodes.

Commissario
Another great episode, so many moments. One of my favourites was Sam and Jamie silently arguing about who gets the armband.

After that, surely Nate will tell Rupert where to poke it, go make up with Ted, rejoin the coaching staff. Richmond will beat West Ham in the last game of the season to win the league. Ted and Beard will go back to the USA leaving Roy and Nate in charge. Roy and Keeley get back together with the help of Jamie. End series. End show.

Not sure why I put that in spoilers, it's got to be the obvious end, hasn't it?

Soldato
It's a really good show....it should be saccharine and naff but the writing is so good it balances out the cheesy stuff with some genuine laughs and Roy's bad language. Does whiff the odd joke but mostly lands.

Associate
I don't think a show has made me cringe so much since a bunch of middle aged dads told me how ace Cobrai Kai was only for me to watch it and find out its basically a high school teen drama with a tiny sprinkling of token 80s nostalgia.

I had to tap out in the second season, the main character Ted isn't even the problem... if it had more of him and less of all the cringeballs alongside him I’d find it more watchable.

Not for me, stuff like this is my krptonite.

Last edited:
Soldato
Great speech by Hannah near the end about football.
Yeah, I would have loved to be there to ask what Richmond ticket prices are...

Great TV though. Loving the Roy Kent stuff. Is it me or are they actually pulling away from Ted? He was barely in this weeks. Not that it's particularly a problem, but the boss lady and Wonder kid story stuff isn't their best stuff.

Soldato
Yeah, I would have loved to be there to ask what Richmond ticket prices are...

Great TV though. Loving the Roy Kent stuff. Is it me or are they actually pulling away from Ted? He was barely in this weeks. Not that it's particularly a problem, but the boss lady and Wonder kid story stuff isn't their best stuff.
Yeah I think Ted will eventually head back to the states and we’ll see Uncle Roy and Nate (godammit) take over Richmond.

Caporegime
One small issue I find is the time jumps between episodes. Personally would have liked to see Nate resign and confront Rupert, rather than it all happening off screen.

Apart from that it moved along nicely this week. Dani Rojas was a beast in this weeks episode. Rebeccas facial expressions are starting to annoy me (I dunno if i'm just more conscious of it since seeing her present Eurovision last week). Haven't really seen her in other stuff.

Only a couple of episodes left, I really hope they don't go down the redeeming Rupert path this late in the show, which was sort of implied this week. The show needs a bad guy, and he fits the part quite well!

rp2000

Back
Top Bottom