Telematics in Vehicles Questionnaire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Hi!

For my dissertation I'm currently conducting a study into Telematics in Vehicles and what the future effects could be of using telematics. The questionnaire is simple and is broken down into sections and can be completed within 5 to 10 Minutes!

16+ and you must own a vehicle!

I'm very grateful of anybody's input on the questionnaire and your input would be more than appreciated!

Thanks,

Josh

Last edited by a moderator:
Associate
Done :)

Had one for a year, didn't mind it too much because it was a little lenient and I could go for a spirited drive (without busting the speed limits for more than a few seconds at a time). But did get on my nerves with curfews affecting scores.

Had that in a 1.2 TSi Ibiza with 105 hp, but went to a GT86 after and couldn't imagine having a telematics box again. It says something when it makes you think twice about breaking harshly to avoid things because it might cost you more when it comes to review periods..

Soldato
The huge issue I have with them is they do not provide context to the actions they record.

Say you're driving down a main road and suddenly a car comes tearing out of a driveway/side road. You hit the brakes and swerve to avoid colliding.
The box simply records harsh braking and sharp turning which then goes against you at renewal.

Sure they claim one off incidents don't count but that'll be a lie.

Secondly there's the mileage issue.

A friend of mine opted for the telematics to lower her insurance. She went for an 8k mile policy. She went over by 3.2 miles and they charged her almost £700 for exceeding her mileage & to add a further 5k (stating that was the minimum she could add). Her policy had a week to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom