Tell me some of the music that makes you feel happiest!

Soldato
I'm looking for some feel-good happy music and I would love some recommendations. I generally tend to listen to extreme metal, and while I enjoy it, I wouldn't classify it as happy music. I thought I'd come here and see if anyone could let me know about any bands or songs that make them feel particularly happy.

Associate
I'm not sure if it's always happy music, but for me (who also is a metal head) it's at least very uplifting beautiful music when I listen to artists like Ludovico Einaudi, Explosions In The Sky. In metal you do have Freedom Call that at times have called themselves "Happy Metal" :D

Man of Honour
Some songs are happy in a bittersweet sort of way.

Mr. Blue Sky by ELO is such a song. It really radiates such happiness and gives you that summer day buzz but asks “why isn’t it always this good?”. Regardless that is definitely a song that most people would describe as feel good :)

Probably unlistenable to most, but I really like Paul Gilbert’s solo albums (the non-instrumental ones). Stupid, goofy, child-like... just a sort of innocence to them that you don’t really get in music. I love the contrast between super chirpy lyrics and absolute insane mega shred - dat solo:D

Man of Honour
I’m going to have to add another Gilberto... if this cutesy number (with its explanation and retake) doesn’t make you feel a little warmer than you may well be clinically dead :eek: :p

Puts a right smile on my face :D

Associate
I'm usually into rock & metal (including black metal) but I do get bored and listen to a bit of pop and trip hop. Nothing wrong with variety ... here's some of the lighter stuff I listen to, so apologies for the many embeds lol

(The song starts at 55 secs)

(Was pleasantly surprised that this appeared in Aquaman!)

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I'm struggling to think of a single tune that makes me happy - there are tunes that make me feel content, tunes that make me melancholy, tunes that make me feel nostalgic.

So gonna go left field and throw in some super cheesy up beat

Last edited:
Soldato
Most songs by Tool, but probably Sober, The Grudge, Ticks & Leeches, Lateralus, and Jambi. Oh, and The Pot :)

And also, Faith No More. Pretty much everything they've ever done.

Back
Top Bottom