Tell me some of the music that makes you feel happiest!

Caporegime

I can see your face right now :p

I grew up on rock, metal and punk, bands like Metallica, Motorhead, Machine Head, NoFX, Spineshank (I'm only 33 mind :p) But listen to Dutch hardstyle/hardcore now predominantly...Go figure :p

Last edited:
Associate
When i require music to make me happier i generally turn to Ska, more often than not The Aquabats but there is a lot of quality stuff to choose from...

Soldato
Most songs by Tool, but probably Sober, The Grudge, Ticks & Leeches, Lateralus, and Jambi. Oh, and The Pot :)

And also, Faith No More. Pretty much everything they've ever done.
Ah yes... nothing like a little blast of cuku for caka to get you going in the morning :)

Associate
Aye, I've not been to any punk festivals (only dance ones in Europe) so it'll be an interesting alternative :)

Always wanted to go to groezrock in Belgium, usually have great lineups, and ArcTanGent in Cheddar, but i'm over festivals now! Maybe one day

Permabanned
I'm looking for some feel-good happy music and I would love some recommendations. I generally tend to listen to extreme metal, and while I enjoy it, I wouldn't classify it as happy music. I thought I'd come here and see if anyone could let me know about any bands or songs that make them feel particularly happy.

This one is really amazing, one of the most influential tracks that I have ever heard:

And also:

And of course, the number 1 on YouTube, which I like because it removed gangnam style and other stuff from the most viewed video:

Associate
Something that's more rock/metal in genre, yet I find it extremely uplifting:

This song is also the main benchmark I use for testing sound systems, as on the better ones it sounds absolutely lush.

Associate
Some songs are happy in a bittersweet sort of way.

Mr. Blue Sky by ELO is such a song. It really radiates such happiness and gives you that summer day buzz but asks “why isn’t it always this good?”. Regardless that is definitely a song that most people would describe as feel good :)

I find the ending quite sad, it has a happy sound but the lyrics at end about how nights come and he's longing for the blue sky to come back is a bit depressing.

Back
Top Bottom