1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Temtem (Pokémon Inspired MMO)

Discussion in 'Console Games & Hardware' started by Bishie, Sep 10, 2018.

1. Bishie

Wise Guy

I'm surprised no one has mentioned this! It looks like a legit alternative to Pokémon for other platforms, although it will see a release on the Switch also.

The deluxe version of the game gives you access to the alpha in November. The game will enter early access on Steam in September 2019, and will release on all platforms in May 2020.

2. chroniclard

Sgarrista

Does this not fall foul of copywright laws? Seems to be an almost exact rip off.

3. Bishie

Wise Guy

This is one of the most frequently asked questions:

4. Shawreyboy

Hitman

The evolution animation is literally identical :eek::eek:. How can this not be copyright? :confused::confused:

Shawrey

5. Bishie

Wise Guy

I suspect that only loyal Nintendo fans will object to this! I've wanted a Pokémon-esque MMO for years!

6. chroniclard

Sgarrista

Not objecting, just curious. If its any good will look at it for the boys Switch. :)

7. XeNoN89

Soldato

lol @ inspired. There is taking inspiration from something and then there's just a straight knock off!

8. Bishie

Wise Guy

Except it looks better than any Pokémon game in recent years! I have no sympathy for Game Freak or Nintendo. People have been asking for a Pokémon MMO for years, and they've continued to ignore us! Instead there's Let's Go, Pikachu! Another remake that nobody asked for!

9. XeNoN89

Soldato

I agree it does look a lot better actually. Still a knock off though :p

10. Bishie

Wise Guy

I missed the part where someone said it was an entirely original concept! :p