Tennis

Soldato
Maybe it is just the surface she prefers.

I didn't see her but read how she demolished her apponent.

It was an absolute thrashing. Azaranka certainly wasn't playing well, but Raducandu also wasn't letting her.

Azaranka has gone missing in matches before though. Raducanus real test will be Jessica Pegula. I expect it to go to three sets. Jessica has a more varied game than Emma's last two opponents, which is likely to cause Emma some real problems.

Soldato
Raducanu is out, losing to Jessica Pegula 7-6 6-4. Don't much at all about Pegula, but she has a world ranking of 8, so a certain step up over Williams and Azarenka.

Soldato
Raducanu is out, losing to Jessica Pegula 7-6 6-4. Don't much at all about Pegula, but she has a world ranking of 8, so a certain step up over Williams and Azarenka.

Daughter of the owners of a couple of big US sports teams and energy companies. Mega rich family. Plays tennis just for fun. Often plays doubles at all the tournaments with Coco Gauff. She's the highest ranked US female player, and has decent variety to her game. Solid top 10 player.

Soldato
Of course he can't that's been known for ages, nothing had been announced until today as he's been hanging on until the last minute in case US policy changed. It's a shame for tennis fans as it weakens the draw, but he can do as he likes. He doesn't owe anyone anything.

Having looked at the draws, this is probably the first time at a slam or major/premier event, that I've been far more excited by the women's draw. Lots of interesting match ups coming. Speaking of which, Raducanu could quite easily be knocked out in the first round. Alizé Cornet is no joke, and of course she beat Iga Swiatek at Wimbledon, and beat Caroline Garcia (Raducanu's Wimbledon conquer) in the Canadian Open.

Soldato
So Djokovic cannot go to the US to play in the US Open.

Great news, can't stand the guy.

:D

And it's the same thing as Australia (kinda)

Even the orange menace got himself vaccinated, eventually, after spouting all kinds of nonsense, and after catching it a few times.

Associate
Looking that way as the news is reporting something to do with her wrist? She had to go off court twice whilst practicing and being in tears.

I do feel sorry for her with all this expectation but at the same time, she seems to be giving off a tiny hint of arrogance in her responses, which I don't particularly like to see.

I don't really follow tennis but each time I hear about her she out in early stages or injured. Saying she's a one hit wonder would be mean but please don't be a Tim Henman.

Caporegime
A Tim Henman?
I assume he means an incredibly successful, if not the greatest ever, player who reached number 4 in the world, got to multiple slam semi finals, won 11 tournaments and ended up mega rich.

That rain delay against Goran still hurts, I think he would've won Wimbledon that year had that not happened but Goran was my favourite player at the time so that more than made up for it.

I assume he means an incredibly successful, if not the greatest ever, player who reached number 4 in the world, got to multiple slam semi finals, won 11 tournaments and ended up mega rich.

That rain delay against Goran still hurts, I think he would've won Wimbledon that year had that not happened but Goran was my favourite player at the time so that more than made up for it.
Oh, ok!! Still a bit clueless but my coffee hasn't properly kicked in.

Tim Henman is a lovely gentleman but he never had that drive in him that I saw with Andy Murray and of course the other top 3.

I believe Emma is going to university so she won't have the time to put all of her energy into tennis which I think is a shame but I no longer get excited when she plays or have that optimism and hope that she will win again.

I want to be proved wrong but certainly at the moment it is not looking likely. :(

Back
Top Bottom