Teredo is unable to qualify?

Associate
I have recently reinstalled Gears of War 4 for a quick run through before 5 is released but was unable to start a game due to an error 0x8007042c. After a bit of googling and checking my Xbox networking settings unable to qualify.

I've been following the Xbox on windows support pages that accompany this issue but it still isn't working. I wasn't sure if I'm allowed to paste the URL in this thread???

My Teredo state in enabled and looks like this

Teredo Parameters
---------------------------------------------
Type : client
Server Name : win1901.ipv6.microsoft.com.
Client Refresh Interval : 30 seconds
Client Port : unspecified
State : qualified
Client Type : teredo client
Network : unmanaged
NAT : cone
NAT Special Behaviour : UPNP: Yes, PortPreserving: Yes
Local Mapping : 192.168.0.19:55071
External NAT Mapping :

I don't have any special host name entries
IP Helper is running/automatic
I've disabled/enabled UPnP and rebooted my VM router
disabled my forticlient vpn
made sure Windows firewall isn't blocking
uninstalled any teredo network adaptors
all the Xbox services are started/automatic

So I've hit a bit of a dead end? Game worked when i installed originally at release and i'm using the same PC/Windows 10 as i haven't reinstalled my OS since?

Any help greatly appreciated cheers

Last edited:
Do you use PiHole or some kind of DNS blocking service for Ads?

Try doing an nslookup on win1901.ipv6.microsoft.com and see what you get. I had this previously and Pihole was blocking the endpoint, and it was resolving to the Pihole server (as you would expect).

Possibility, may not apply but definitely check it out if you run PiHole on your network.

edit - you might what to scrub your external IP address from your post btw.

Associate
OP
Thanks Dockie those commands look familiar so may have tried them already but will certainly give it another go. I have also tried setting the type to enterprise and changing the servername.

Thanks Ranal no ad blockers installed unless it is something built into the forticlient software i need for VPN access to work although i have disabled/shutdown/stopped the services for this and it didn't make any difference.

I have also manually setup some port forwarding on my router and tried adding my PC IP to the DMZ but still the same.

Back
Top Bottom