Terminator: Dark Fate

Soldato
Yeah that would kind of make sense

Miles Dyson creates skynet with hard work and intelligence
Skynet sends back T800 (T1), and in turn leaves arm behind
Miles Dyson creates skynet at a faster rate, as he was working on it anyway they give him the arm to help speed up the program
T2 happens and blows up factory
Dysons work lost, no skynet

No Paradox, and in T2 we should have seen connor vanish

/still thinking about this

Does anyone have James Camerons mobile number?

Last edited:
Soldato
as i understand T1:
Army creates Skynet. Hilarity ensues. T800 comes back as a last ditch attempt to stop the rebels winning, fails. at this point, creation of Skynet hasn't been compromised therefore J-Day still happens (why SC nashed off in her Jeep etc etc), T800 gets sent back..... Anything to do w/ Cyberdyne getting a chip or arm were non-existent, as far as i know, except in the (Frakes) novel, don't know at what point that was added though ~ so as far as the film at least, nothing was ever implied much less stated that Cyberdyne needed or used any parts of the T800.

beyond that, T2 takes a steaming dump on everything by not only suggesting Skynet had time to send 3 Terminators through, not only that one of them was massively more advanced than anything else despite the T800 supposedly (at least implied from KR) the new top-of-the-line, but also having that machine come through the portal w/out being covered in flesh, which thereby blows apart everything set up in the first film as to why KR came w/out "a ray gun" etc.

Soldato
as i understand T1:
Army creates Skynet. Hilarity ensues. T800 comes back as a last ditch attempt to stop the rebels winning, fails. at this point, creation of Skynet hasn't been compromised therefore J-Day still happens (why SC nashed off in her Jeep etc etc), T800 gets sent back..... Anything to do w/ Cyberdyne getting a chip or arm were non-existent, as far as i know, except in the (Frakes) novel, don't know at what point that was added though ~ so as far as the film at least, nothing was ever implied much less stated that Cyberdyne needed or used any parts of the T800.

beyond that, T2 takes a steaming dump on everything by not only suggesting Skynet had time to send 3 Terminators through, not only that one of them was massively more advanced than anything else despite the T800 supposedly (at least implied from KR) the new top-of-the-line, but also having that machine come through the portal w/out being covered in flesh, which thereby blows apart everything set up in the first film as to why KR came w/out "a ray gun" etc.
That last bits the most ridiculous bit Imo. Had she not of had the minute skin and just had the standard flesh it would have sort of made sense (unless Skynet upgraded time travel).

Caporegime
as i understand T1:

I believe the story is that the fabrication plant that the Terminator in the original film is destroyed in belonged to Cyberdyne or an affiliate and they recovered the T-800 and were able to use it by reverse engineering much of the chip itself and became a major player in the defense industry and actually ended up creating Skynet.

Soldato
I believe the story is that the fabrication plant that the Terminator in the original film is destroyed in belonged to Cyberdyne or an affiliate and they recovered the T-800 and were able to use it by reverse engineering much of the chip itself and became a major player in the defense industry and actually ended up creating Skynet.

Yeap thats the T1-T2 timeline but T3 "re-invented" it a little to make it an USAF program to fit their "Generals Daughter" storyline better.

Soldato
And then in genisys wasn't there another one that could hange (come to think of it, how does liqud metal travel through time, or the skynet/john conner). Its as though theres no continuity to it all:p.

Soldato
yeah, that's what's in the novel (except, IIRC, the plant is not Cyberdyne, the guy who works there and recovers the T800 wreckage realises what he's got and leaves to set up his own company), but there's not even a sniff of that in the film.

Soldato
Has everyone seen the cut scene from T1 where Sarah is trying to find out which company created the Terminators so they can stop them. Then in T2 we find out she is in the secure hospital because she had attempted to blow up Cyberdyne.

I always liked that continuity and imagining what happened in the years between the two films.

Soldato
the T2 bit is mentioned in the novel but i can't recall ever hearing/reading about the T1 scene, where did you come across that? don't think it's on my DVD, thought it's been about a decade since i watched it.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

This video explains the timeline pretty well, for those making a real hash of it :p

Start it at 1:49

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

But the new Terminator film is a direct sequel to T2, so that's not valid.
I can only give you a video describing the current timeline, all bets are off with the timeline until the new one comes out and ruins it.

Back
Top Bottom