Terminator: Dark Fate

Caporegime

Cameron talking about the next iteration of the Terminator franchise. Arnie is in (no surprise there), as well as Linda Hamilton. Meant to be set around 30 years after T2. They're planning it out to be a series of 3 movies, though this was also the plan with Salvation and Genisys.

Last edited:
Soldato
Ah, whatever. It's the cool thing to get all snotty and **** on everything these days.
Carry on.
I'm snotty but I'm still going to pay for it. Miller is an interesting choice as is the bloomkamp esq idea!
Also For terminator and Aliens alone I'm thankful he ripped ole JC!

Soldato
I'm snotty but I'm still going to pay for it. Miller is an interesting choice as is the bloomkamp esq idea!
Also For terminator and Aliens alone I'm thankful he ripped ole JC!

Yeah, Miller is a question mark, but he's passionate and seems to understand what makes the first two movies the classics that they are.
Maybe Cameron has gone full Ridley in his old age, what with Avatar and it's stupid amount of sequels. I'd like to think he's still the man when it comes to the Terminator franchise though. Guess we'll see.

As for Blomkamp... While I liked the idea of bringing back Hicks, some of that concept art was a bit dodgy in an Alien: Resurrection kinda way. Probably best that it didn't get made tbh.

Caporegime
I've seen avatar twice and liked it both times, despite its simplistic/rip-off storyline.

Terminator 2 and Aliens are some of the best sequels ever.

Never underestimate James Cameron.

Soldato
I've seen avatar twice and liked it both times, despite its simplistic/rip-off storyline.

Terminator 2 and Aliens are some of the best sequels ever.

Never underestimate James Cameron.
Avatar is mediocre and then goes down hill, Terminator 2 (innovative visuals aside) is good to mediocre, Aliens is possibly in my top 5 greatest sequals of all time, maybe near number 1.
The Terminator is one of the best films of it's era and even in the same genre that era was very productive.

Soldato
Isn't T3 set 20 something years after T2, when judgement day happens. They abandoned that storyline then, or is it 10yrs after that when the machines have control, which I thought roughly that's when salvation happened cause Connor was in his 40\50s.

Caporegime
Isn't T3 set 20 something years after T2, when judgement day happens. They abandoned that storyline then, or is it 10yrs after that when the machines have control, which I thought roughly that's when salvation happened cause Connor was in his 40\50s.

I think its a direct sequel to T2 and completely ignores Rise of the Machines, Salvation and Genysis.

Soldato
I think its a direct sequel to T2 and completely ignores Rise of the Machines, Salvation and Genysis.
the problem is no matter what they claim it's following on from, it contradicts all they set up in the first one, about the one machine/one protector, and the resistance blowing the facility to prevent anything else coming/going.
i'd also assume they're going to try and make yet another generation of uber-terminator, and that's another thing that puts me off, because the T1000 was again so divorced from what they established in the first film.

Back
Top Bottom