Terminator: Dark Fate

Soldato
believe they did. as I inferred, they always seem to. fawn over Terminator though it was a total rip off of Harlan's stuff, fawn over Titanic though it was a rip-off on Night To Remember (and let's not forget all the complaints about him from the stars etc, who suddenly printed grovelling retractions just before release. same happened on Abyss), fawned over Avatar as being the best ever 3D. maybe it was at the time, but the fact the film was another rip-off was glossed over. each film he just comes up w/ some supposed better/innovative tech gubbins to take the attention away from the content, it seems to me.

Caporegime
OP
Rumour\potential spoiler doing the rounds

Terminator 2: Judgement Day saw Sarah Connor, John Connor, and the T-800 wipe out Cyberdyne, the company responsible for Skynet. The T-1000 was sent back in time to take out John Connor in the movie and ultimately failed. In Terminator: Dark Fate, there is no Skynet and it reportedly takes place in an alternate timeline after the events of Judgement Day. The new threat is allegedly called Legion, who has sent back a new Terminator to kill John Connor, who is reportedly in the movie, but not for long.

Now that John Connor is out of the picture, Daniella "Dani" Ramos is the new savior and ultimately the new target . Rev-9 is the advanced Terminator prototype, who is played by Gabriel Luna. He is sent back in time to take down Dani. This leads us to a new resistance against Legion, which is unknown at this time. This unidentified resistance sends a cyborg assassin Grace to protect Dani. In other words, it sounds pretty much like the other movies James Cameron did in the franchise.

Soldato
Rumour\potential spoiler doing the rounds

Terminator 2: Judgement Day saw Sarah Connor, John Connor, and the T-800 wipe out Cyberdyne, the company responsible for Skynet. The T-1000 was sent back in time to take out John Connor in the movie and ultimately failed. In Terminator: Dark Fate, there is no Skynet and it reportedly takes place in an alternate timeline after the events of Judgement Day. The new threat is allegedly called Legion, who has sent back a new Terminator to kill John Connor, who is reportedly in the movie, but not for long.

Now that John Connor is out of the picture, Daniella "Dani" Ramos is the new savior and ultimately the new target . Rev-9 is the advanced Terminator prototype, who is played by Gabriel Luna. He is sent back in time to take down Dani. This leads us to a new resistance against Legion, which is unknown at this time. This unidentified resistance sends a cyborg assassin Grace to protect Dani. In other words, it sounds pretty much like the other movies James Cameron did in the franchise.
How can there be a JD if SN doesnt exist............ what a mess if this is true

Soldato
Very clever, and an actual good use of deepfake, except Stallone never had that physique. I was hoping they had dubbed the voice in Stallone's Brooklyn accent, so Arnie's voice is a bit incongruous.
Yeah I was anticipating his voice and was dissapointed when it was still arnies#

Also have you seen other examples of deepfake, for reference obviously that were not a good use for it? XD

Soldato
Yeah I was anticipating his voice and was dissapointed when it was still arnies#

Also have you seen other examples of deepfake, for reference obviously that were not a good use for it? XD

It's the internet we're talking about, we both know what use they put deepfake.

There was the one where they put Nicolas Cage's face on Ross from friends, and he looks more like Ross than ever before. IIRC, someone also put Nic Cage's face on Lois Lane from the new Superman films.

Soldato
I was hoping the film would discount all others after T2 and class them as occuring in an alternate timeline, in order to create a slightly less convoluted sequel. Starting to doubt that's going to happen.

Caporegime
OP
I was hoping the film would discount all others after T2 and class them as occuring in an alternate timeline, in order to create a slightly less convoluted sequel. Starting to doubt that's going to happen.

That more or less what is what's meant to be going on, nothing after t2 matters and this is an alternate timeline. Going by the leaks at least.

Last edited:
Soldato
That more or less what is what's meant to be going on, nothing after t2 matters and this is an alternate timeline. Going by the leaks at least.

Ah, so this is going to be a sequel to T2 but set in an alternate time line? Damn, I'm confused already and it isn't even out yet:D

Associate
If the leaks on the story prove true. I'll be less inclined to even want to watch it on freeview in a few years. :(

Because we all know that means in 8 years time, there'll be a "new" hero, and it just doesn't stop repeating itself (the same old story). But we keep seeing stuff back in time, where we don't care anymore, but they leave out the stuff we do want to see (the Future War *dangit* :mad:).

But this is Cameron after all. We're getting Avatar Yellow (2), Green (3), Red (4) and whatnot as well, to a story that isn't really a franchise. So might as well do the same with Terminator. :rolleyes:

Soldato
I can't make a single bit of logical sense out of that spoiler. but then, as I said, he just threw away the important rules of time travel he'd set up in the first film simply so he could do some cool morph effects (ripping off Willow, of course), so nowt surprises me.
be tremendously amusing if it turns out that this film is the most eff-up of lore etc than any of the other films people have complained about.

Don
If the leaks on the story prove true. I'll be less inclined to even want to watch it on freeview in a few years. :(

Because we all know that means in 8 years time, there'll be a "new" hero, and it just doesn't stop repeating itself (the same old story). But we keep seeing stuff back in time, where we don't care anymore, but they leave out the stuff we do want to see (the Future War *dangit* :mad:).

But this is Cameron after all. We're getting Avatar Yellow (2), Green (3), Red (4) and whatnot as well, to a story that isn't really a franchise. So might as well do the same with Terminator. :rolleyes:
Yup.

Everything that meant anything from T1/T2 is retconned to the point that everything is meaningless/pointless

Soldato
I honestly don't know what to say.

Half feel like going out into the back garden lighting a bonfire and throwing my very expensive Terminator collection on to it.

Caporegime
OP
I honestly don't know what to say.

Half feel like going out into the back garden lighting a bonfire and throwing my very expensive Terminator collection on to it.

Or you could wait and see how the movie turns out, with all the cack ones over the years this might be a change. :)

Back
Top Bottom