TERMINATOR ZERO

thought this was awful. the cat robot and stuff was awful, the plotting was weak and relied on too many stupid things like
terminator wounding the girl then just looking at her and wandering off w/out offing her
and stuff that made no sense like
those 1NNOs wandering off and doing nothing when she didn't pick up the gun, yet we'd just seen them slaughter a full hospital staff including one unarmed guy who was trying to escape
. and what was w/ the
nuke launch? spent 15 mins showing absolute obliteration then nothing more was made of it. i couldn't tell if they were impling the whole attack had stopped and it was just a vision, or is just Japan had escaped.
No idea who the target audience was, a lot of that child stuff seemed for < teens which jarred w/ the violence and stuff.

Watched the 1st episode. How is this terminator missing every single gun shot and woman outrunning the machine gun bullets.
This instantly put me off, why not give the Terminator a much lessor gun and also have her damage one of its eyes or something. Just stunningly bad writing that instantly makes you think this lass is in no peril at all....yawn.

I watched the final few episodes of this last night.

In terms of visuals and sound effects I think it was a solid experience, I quite liked the artwork and a lot of the design choices and atmosphere. The story was on the messy side, the plot really went off the rails after the half way point and as others have mentioned the heavy focus on the kids was more irritating than anything else. I can sort of see what they were aiming at, but they absolutely missed the mark and it ended up being meanderingly weird rather than insightful.

I'd say it's worth a watch if you're curious and have nothing better to do, 4.5/10 and despite this still better than the last movie.

Reactions: Kyo
I watched the final few episodes of this last night.

In terms of visuals and sound effects I think it was a solid experience, I quite liked the artwork and a lot of the design choices and atmosphere. The story was on the messy side, the plot really went off the rails after the half way point and as others have mentioned the heavy focus on the kids was more irritating than anything else. I can sort of see what they were aiming at, but they absolutely missed the mark and it ended up being meanderingly weird rather than insightful.

I'd say it's worth a watch if you're curious and have nothing better to do, 4.5/10 and despite this still better than the last movie.

Totally agree pretty much my take on it as well. The story didn't work for me and as you say too much focus on supporting characters and less focus on main protagonists.. There was no real payoff to the final act. Something happened and that was it, no focus on the events and repercussions.

Last edited:
Quite enjoying it, but given it's animation why on earth couldn't they have also given it an English soundtrack rather than Japanese with subtitles in squidgy little lettering? Trying to understand a complex discussion about time travel paradoxes would be far better done listening to the conversation than speed reading the text. Also maybe it's a settings thing on our end but in addition to the dialogue subtitles it's adding descriptive text now and again such as, "ominous music", "person wheezing" etc.

Last edited:
Also maybe it's a settings thing on our end but in addition to the dialogue subtitles it's adding descriptive text now and again such as, "ominous music", "person wheezing" etc.

Thats definitely a "your end" issue as the Netflix app gives you the choice between English, English (AD), Japanese & Japanese (AD) alongside many more, and AD means Audio Descriptive for the deaf which is what you've got selected.

Quite enjoying it, but given it's animation why on earth couldn't they have also given it an English soundtrack rather than Japanese with subtitles in squidgy little lettering? Trying to understand a complex discussion about time travel paradoxes would be far better done listening to the conversation than speed reading the text. Also maybe it's a settings thing on our end but in addition to the dialogue subtitles it's adding descriptive text now and again such as, "ominous music", "person wheezing" etc.

There's English VA's, and you can change descriptive subtitles to standard while watching the Japanese version.

Personally I prefer subs + Japanese when watching their media, they usually have better quality voice actors and I enjoy experiencing the language.

Back
Top Bottom