Tesco pay at pump...

Soldato
Has anyone who has paid for their fuel at the pump at a Tesco garage, ever managed to get their sodding clubcard keyring to actually scan on their scanner? I must have used it about 6 times now, and EVERY time it refuses to scan my clubcard barcode :mad: I know its only 60p worth of points a go but "every little helps" and it all adds up. Am i just unlucky and pick the retarded pump every time or is this a common problem?

/mini rant

Nope, never works. Its funny because for me it says this type of clubcard is not support, but on the bloody sticker that says 'Scan Here' its a picture of a keyring clubcard!!

I do however LOVE pay at pump, and I HATE people who don't use it, especially when they don't leave room for you to get round them and out!

Nope, never works. Its funny because for me it says this type of clubcard is not support, but on the bloody sticker that says 'Scan Here' its a picture of a keyring clubcard!!

I do however LOVE pay at pump, and I HATE people who don't use it, especially when they don't leave room for you to get round them and out!

It doesnt even say that for me, it just says "please insert/scan clubcard" and nothing happens. You can see the red lasers going mental looking for something to scan but nothing happens...

Ill have to find the actual card one if i still have it and use that in-future. Thats if they work anyway...

It doesn't work. I was told that the scanner doesn't read barcodes, but just the magnetic strip. Whether it's just at that particular place or everywhere I don't know.

as a till monkey i can say that we have trouble with the machines as well. Its as if they dont want to give you the points.
we sympathize but what can you do?

I HATE people who don't use it, especially when they don't leave room for you to get round them and out!

You know what I hate more? I hate these idiots that do their weekly shop at these superstore petrol stations while filling up before hand. They walk back out to their car after 10 minutes with such a gimp look and they can't understand why you are looking at them like you are about to step out your car and kill them.

You know what I hate more? I hate these idiots that do their weekly shop at these superstore petrol stations while filling up before hand. They walk back out to their car after 10 minutes with such a gimp look and they can't understand why you are looking at them like you are about to step out your car and kill them.

Or people that park blocking access to two pumps because they wanna quickly get something/too lazy to park, then cars show up and then people arn't best happy

Last edited:
I HATE pay at pump!

They don't accept my debit card, which is all I have (Student and all), so one night when I got back late from the cinema, I go to pay, "sorry, your card isn't accepted, please go inside", I think fair enough, and turn to see the shop is closed for the night!

Had to just leave, went back in the morning and they didn't care much :s

Tesco Petrol stations in my neck of the wood charge at least 5p a litre more than Sainsburys or Asda. The are charging 115.9 a litre in Penzance for diesel while in Penryn Asda are doing it for 110.9 a litre.

Oh goodness yes, the kiosk is there to pay for fuel and perhaps to grab a small snack. Not for browsing.

I HATE pay at pump!

They don't accept my debit card, which is all I have (Student and all), so one night when I got back late from the cinema, I go to pay, "sorry, your card isn't accepted, please go inside", I think fair enough, and turn to see the shop is closed for the night!

Had to just leave, went back in the morning and they didn't care much :s

I didn't think you could fill up without it confirming payment first? All the ones I have used have been this way.

Back
Top Bottom