Tesla Model Y

Soldato
I picked up a model Y just as they launched back in March, already got another one on order that's due around October / November as I'm pretty sure I'll be able to sell the current one for what I paid for it. Worst case I'll just request a refund on the deposit.

Soldato
Loved my SR+ great car, zero issues, sad to see it go and someone will get a lovely well looked after car 2nd hand.
Collection at Glasgow was a breeze..... I was 20 minutes early, quick check over old car, hand over 2 keycards and V5 for that.

One signature on ipad - 2 keycards handed over for new car - head off to carpark, guy just finished a quick spray clean on the car (he said they don't touch the car by hand at all)
Checked everything over - all good, one tiny bubble in PPF which I'll deal with myself, everything else looks spot on. Parcel shelf, 3 Pin charger and Type 2 cable all included.

On the road before my appointment time was to begin..... Simple, easy, efficient - no faffing around, just how I like it.

60ish cars going out today via collection/home delivery from Glasgow.

Lets hope new 3 years of Tesla motoring are as easy and simple as the first 3 years......

Last edited:

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

I picked up a model Y just as they launched back in March, already got another one on order that's due around October / November as I'm pretty sure I'll be able to sell the current one for what I paid for it. Worst case I'll just request a refund on the deposit.
Care to elaborate? Why the order for the 2nd car when you've only had it for 3 months?

Soldato
Care to elaborate? Why the order for the 2nd car when you've only had it for 3 months?
The current second hand value of a model Y is at worst the price of one new, even WBAC is offering me within £1k of what I paid for it. They've also now put up the price of the model Y by £2k.

In principle I should be able to sell the model Y I have currently for the same price as I pay for a brand new one, thus getting one that is 6-8 months newer at zero cost. That's the theory anyway .

I'm also hoping that the new one is manufacturered in Berlin with the possibility of the structural battery, newer battery technology, matrix headlights etc, but not really followed things close enough to know if that's likely.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

AFAIK only the performance Model Y are built in Berlin (at present).

Don’t take this the wrong way, but it seems like a massive waste of effort to gamble when all of the model 3 and y have matrix led (they’re just disabled in software)*, the new LFP battery tech and Ryzen processors were launched on the 2021 model y and they take 5-6 weeks to arrive in the UK by cargo ship meaning you’d probably get a car made around the same time.

As you say, you may only lose the £100 deposit but there’s been no changes to the spec that I see would make the gamble worth the risk.

*You can tell because the car can shine the word Tesla on a wall in one of the light modes.

Soldato
AFAIK only the performance Model Y are built in Berlin (at present).

Don’t take this the wrong way, but it seems like a massive waste of effort to gamble when all of the model 3 and y have matrix led (they’re just disabled in software)*, the new LFP battery tech and Ryzen processors were launched on the 2021 model y and they take 5-6 weeks to arrive in the UK by cargo ship meaning you’d probably get a car made around the same time.

As you say, you may only lose the £100 deposit but there’s been no changes to the spec that I see would make the gamble worth the risk.

*You can tell because the car can shine the word Tesla on a wall in one of the light modes.

I can see your points but in reality the effort has been about 10 minutes on their website and the deposit is refundable under UK laws. Worst case I lose a couple of hours of my time, best case I get a 6-8 month newer car on the next plate and did 6-8k miles on a car for free.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

I can see your points but in reality the effort has been about 10 minutes on their website and the deposit is refundable under UK laws. Worst case I lose a couple of hours of my time, best case I get a 6-8 month newer car on the next plate and did 6-8k miles on a car for free.
Fair enough.

I’m just bitter because I rejected my Model 3, placed an order for a replacement and they’re trying to say I agreed to the higher pricing even though it will mean +£4K on top of the original purchase price to “put right” the situation.

Back
Top Bottom