text messaging service from website

Associate
Is the website a custom built site/wordpress/something else?

I seen an article recently about an API that can be integrated to provide text messaging but it would need to be a custom job.

PM me if you like.

D.

Soldato
I use txtlocal.co.uk for some low-traffic personal use stuff.

You can set it up to forward emails on to mobile numbers as texts. So you'd email to an address like [email protected] and the content would get forwarded onto that number by text.
Just set up the confirmation emails from your shop to send to <customer-mobile>@txtlocal.co.uk and you wouldnt need to add any custom code

Soldato
OP
I use txtlocal.co.uk for some low-traffic personal use stuff.

You can set it up to forward emails on to mobile numbers as texts. So you'd email to an address like [email protected] and the content would get forwarded onto that number by text.
Just set up the confirmation emails from your shop to send to <customer-mobile>@txtlocal.co.uk and you wouldnt need to add any custom code

thanks for the advice. does that come through with and adverts or spam? any cost?

Soldato
Yes, you need to pay for it. It's between 4 and 5 pence per text depending on how many credits you buy. It uses the sender address to work out which account to take the credits from. No adverts or spam.

Soldato
I've never looked into replying to these messages. I dont think it would be able to do that. Maybe you can set a different reply-to number than the sender number like you can do on emails - i'm not sure if you can do that with texts?

Back
Top Bottom