• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

thanks amd for disabling down sampling.

I was told on another forum
AFAIK the interfaces necessary for the current programs used for down-sampling have been removed due to driver framework redesigns.

Unless the coders who made the program you use re-write their software, it will most likely never work again.
Not by someone at amd though just someone whos a hardcore programmer I guess

I don't understand why amd/nvidia never just add downsampling to the drivers if someone could do it third party it must be easy for amd/nvidia to do as an AA enhancement for people with powerful enough gpu's who want extreme clarity

Ask Thracks and you may get a definitive reason why it's gone.

I don't understand why amd/nvidia never just add downsampling to the drivers if someone could do it third party it must be easy for amd/nvidia to do as an AA enhancement for people with powerful enough gpu's who want extreme clarity

Why it's not in the driver, I guess it's the same reason as why RP's features are not in the driver:

Tools like RadeonPro (or RivaTuner, going back further) play an important role by giving users more options than we could safely provide directly in CCC. The truth is that RP offers a dizzying array of options, some that can seriously impair the performance of a game, if not directly cause games to crash. With millions of users worldwide, we cannot implement RP's featureset into CCC, as not every user has the experience necessary to set the right options.

However, we can continue to enable japamd with hardware, games, SDKs, APIs and more--which we do--to make sure that RP is the amazing tool it deserves to be for the role it plays with enthusiasts.

You have to remember, downsampling is a hack, it isn't/wasn't an advertised feature of AMD gpu's, however, idk why it's been dropped/disabled. :)

Head over to guru3d and ask Japamd to see if he can add it to radeonpro.

btw heres a guide to downsampling with nvidia / ati for anyone who is interested
http://www.tested.com/tech/pcs/454383-aliasing-be-gone-how-downsample-pc-games/

obviously with amd you have to use the 12.11 drivers or mess about reinstalling and uninstalling to get it to work with the newer drivers

BTW you probably need to use an oem monitor driver to get it working as most monitor drivers hardlock you out of resolutions the monitor doesnt support (but as that article says the monitor displays it at the normal res if you use the tools in that guide)

Last edited:
basicly you set your games resolution to something higher than your monitor resolution can higher.

I used to run 2560x1440 and downsample it to 1920x1080 (with amd downsampling gui a program not made by amd) your monitor would receive the signal at 1920x1080 but with the clarity of 2560x1440
I didn't realise that was possible.
And I guess I was right, since it isn't any more. ;)

Regarding your screenshots: Difference between them might be easier to see if they were the same shot (like running the benchmark and catching it at the same moment).

It's worth investing in a real 1440P screen tbh, then you get that clarity all the time without using resolution hacks to downsample etc.

27" 1440P IPS screens are getting very cheap now, essential upgrade for someone who uses PC a lot..

Back
Top Bottom