Thanks every one for the help!. My system what you think?

Associate
BigDom said:
At £309 you want a X1900XT without a shadow of a doubt.

Either get the 3800+ or the 4400+ CPU (latter is 1meg cache).

Oh and if you get the X1900XT then change the mobo to a non-SLI Asus or a Crossfire Asus.

Why? the gtx has 24pipes instead of the 16 on the x1900xt!

Soldato
Monstermunch said:
Why? the gtx has 24pipes instead of the 16 on the x1900xt!
Please - let us not go down that route.

There is a reason that the X1900XT is the fastest graphics card available. It is to do with architecture nowadays and no longer pipelines. It is entirely irrelevant the number of pipelines.

I suggest you read some of the information regarding pipelines, pixel shaders ROPs and clock speed.

Associate
smids said:
Please - let us not go down that route.

There is a reason that the X1900XT is the fastest graphics card available. It is to do with architecture nowadays and no longer pipelines. It is entirely irrelevant the number of pipelines.

I suggest you read some of the information regarding pipelines, pixel shaders ROPs and clock speed.

hehe true enough...

Just read some reviews and you'll see Monstermuch just how good the X1900XT.. in some cases it'll beat a PAIR of £400+ Nvidia GTX 512's... Nuff said.

Associate
i think it's a spanky system mate, might have opted for one or two alternative components myself, but that's not a major issue. this kit will be hot hot hot, i hope you've got some pennies left over for a couple of serious games ;)

hope you enjoy it...

Associate
If you do decide to cancel the order (yes even if it is dispatched already) Phone the OC helpline and tell them you would like to cancel, they will advise you to not accept the delivery when it arrives (the courier will have something for you to sign saying rejected or similar). I did it with a graphics card about a month ago and they even refunded the postage cost :)

Back
Top Bottom