Thanks Vodafone

Associate
Just to clear it up, Vodafone don't use TalkTalk/Daisy or any other reseller - they use their own backbone (ex C&WW) for most big exchanges, and the standard BT Wholesale offering for any they haven't reached yet. Their own network is supposed to be pretty good, but I'm still waiting for my install before I can have a qualified opinion.

Its a similar setup to how their 4G infrastructure is setup.

Soldato
Vodafone have been installing their own equipment all over the place. If what I've read on a couple of websites is to be believed, Vodafone's "ADSL Offering" is in fact a tiered down Fibre connection - this being the real reason they won't hand out PPoE usernames & passwords - plug in your own router, pay for ADSL, get Infinity 1 speeds.

This is true.

Just to clear it up, Vodafone don't use TalkTalk/Daisy or any other reseller - they use their own backbone (ex C&WW) for most big exchanges, and the standard BT Wholesale offering for any they haven't reached yet. Their own network is supposed to be pretty good, but I'm still waiting for my install before I can have a qualified opinion.

Its a similar setup to how their 4G infrastructure is setup.

And this. The big exchanges are their own.

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
VF wont give out the user/pass unless under some odd circumstance so dont bet on that. Other than that the service is good and stable - they are trying to build up their BB presence hence the pricing as the goal is to do a BT and offer TV at some point but they need a userbase to offer it to

Back
Top Bottom