The £10 Challenge

Caporegime
OP
Lets see, i filled up on Wed & it was £16.30 for 165 miles, & i used 14.44 litres, which gives me 11.42 miles per litre of fuel, now my local garage is 112.9p per litre so a tenner would get me 8.84 litres of fuel which would give me 100.95 miles. not bad for an old Bandit 12S.

:eek: for a 1200cc :( I only have 600 and you do more mpg than me,you must ride like a clergyman

Soldato
Hahaha, will try but my CBR600F4 is currently averaging 48mpg on normal trots out. This drops to low 30's on the track... however never have I been on any trip and seen less than 45mpg. Sip sip sip... solid well engineered 16 year old engines hey :)

Associate
Quite often you find bigger bikes getting better mpg than smaller engined ones for certain types of riding as the engines are not stressed as much its just when you start riding them properly and open them up they start drinking heavily!

Soldato
lol.................i can only wish for some of the MPG's i'm seeing here.
Got a Ducati 1098's full Termi system and the engine mapped........................from the reserve light coming on to the next time it comes on (after a fill up), i'd consider myself very lucky to see 80 miles :eek:
Mind you, every one of those 80 miles will have been bloody good fun :D
So not a lot of point putting £10 worth in lol................................i'd only have a quarter of the fun me thinks.

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
if its your only means of transport though and you use it daily,you really notice the difference with petrol/engine sizes

be good to see some 125's posting up their mileages,i bet they struggle to even squeeze £10 in the tank

Soldato
I put mine up, just squeezed £12 to fill and 340miles :) (can go further but I always fill it up at around then as the fuel gauge isn't the most accurate thing in the work but that's just about in the red.

Works out over 130mpg over every tank. I do do the perfect commute to achieve high mpg though. 45mins each way so engine up to temp and all 30/40mph roads so not stressing the little engine.

Back
Top Bottom