*** The 2011 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really struggling to find workouts for my shoulders and chest that work for me, can any of you suggest any that you find good for either of them?
Currently enjoying
shoulders: Arnold presses supersetted with lateral raises

Chest: Dips, dumbbell bench press, cable flies (~12+ reps) strict contractions dont worry much about the weight

Have tickets to the Nabba Scottish which is on the 23rd of April (saturday) this month. Have one ticket for the morning show and one for the evening.... They are £9 each as stated on each ticket so im not looking to make profit I am unable to go as it's my good friends leaving day/party thing to go to another country then I have work on later that night. Just checking to see if there is any interest? If so will take pics of tickets and post up to show legitimacy. Thought I'd post this here since a few are from Scotland?

Back from the gym last night about 10pm and put a BBQ on straight away. x2 burgers in fresh bread and some chicken = major Nom Nom.

Forget all this PWO shake rubbish, PWO BBQ is the way to do things in the Spring/Summer :D

Need some advise on triceps

Been swimming a lot and because I always breath on my right side my left triceps is massive (well a bit less weedy to be accurate) compared to my right.

There is not many machines in the gym that seem to focus on triceps and I've been doing dips that work well but I always put too much weight on my good side so it's not helping even me out.

I was thinking dumbells would be good but neer really used free weights, any good dumbell exercises you guys can reccomend?

Kick backs and One Arm Triceps Extension

Really? Kick backs are probably the bottom of the list.

Dips (you already do, focus on evening out your form)
Close grip or diamond press ups.
Close Grip Bench Press
DB skull crusher
Lying Skull crushers
Cable work.

Whilst kick backs burn like a mo fo they really are counter productive in my eyes. The load is so minimal. By all means they're a mediocre isolation but I wouldn't recommend them as part of somebody's isolation routine, perhaps occasionally for some variety but they wouldn't be a staple, for me. Just my 2 cents :)

Back again. Felt a bit tired before going in, long day at the office :(

Squats
1X5X60kG
4X5X80KG
2X5X90kG really struggled the second set
2X8X60kG

Dead lifts
1X5X60kG
2X5X80KG
2X5X90kG but were all with normal grip apart from last two of last set. Swapped and finished it. :)

T-Bar row
3X10X35kG plus bar. Can't do BOR's due to something in my shoulder, not sure what it is but it hurts like hell trying to do them.

usual 10 minutes cardio each side of the weights. I will get rid of this gut eventually :p

Really? Kick backs are probably the bottom of the list.

Dips (you already do, focus on evening out your form)
Close grip or diamond press ups.
Close Grip Bench Press
DB skull crusher
Lying Skull crushers
Cable work.

Whilst kick backs burn like a mo fo they really are counter productive in my eyes. The load is so minimal. By all means they're a mediocre isolation but I wouldn't recommend them as part of somebody's isolation routine, perhaps occasionally for some variety but they wouldn't be a staple, for me. Just my 2 cents :)

He was asking about dumbbell only. I don't either of the exercises I listed.

On another note had some guy ask me a strange question yesterday in the gym "how do you get that big vein on your bicep", to which I replied "train for a long time". He then asked if there was a supplement he could take to get the vein lol.

On another note had some guy ask me a strange question yesterday in the gym "how do you get that big vein on your bicep", to which I replied "train for a long time". He then asked if there was a supplement he could take to get the vein lol.

"ahhhh so it involves work/effort..... Anyway I can get it now?"
Hahahahahaha thats one for the books. Weirdly my right arm is a fair bit more vascular than my left, well I guess its not weird because Im right handed.

VASCULARITY!

It's easy to get, it involves hard work.

Even then though since I don't really train my biceps much, my vein is barely visible.

Ugg... high rep superset leg day today

3 sets of Leg Ext x 20 -> Seated leg curl x 20 (no reset till all 6 sets are done)
Rest
3 sets of Front Squats x 50 -> 3 sets of Lying Leg curls x 20 (no reset till all 6 sets are done)

Glad that's over.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom