*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
OP
Skipped nearly 2 weeks due to having some properly rotten luck and general things getting me down/too hectic. Felt guitly so instead of doing my stronglifts routine as normal I did all 5 exercises in 1 session :D

Ended up at:

5x5x60 Squats
5x5x30 OHP
5x5x50 BOR's
5x5x40 Bench (failed that the last time I tried it, mega chuffed!)
1x5x70 Deadlift

Pleased with that :)

Probably not realistically get back in the gym till tuesday due to awkward shifts at work but I might try Monday if time allows :)

Soldato
OP
Loooooong absence from this thread due to some illness (chest infection, no energy) and additionally some rough time in my personal/family life left me with no motivation :(

Returned to the gym Monday just gone to do a bit of everything to get me back in the right frame of mind - loved it :D

Proper return today on my day off and a new PB for 5x5 squats (65kg) and I kept my old weight of 45kg for the bench and 70kg for the deadlift which I did 5x5 instead of the suggested 1x5 which felt like cheating.

Additionally I'd like to remind you all to keep your home gyms tidy: I tripped on and subsequently crushed a toolbox and destroyed a wooden frame for an indoor snooker table.....pictures to follow!

Soldato
OP
So yeah as I mentioned yesterday about keeping one's home gym tidy....

I tripped over this: http://yfrog.com/oepk2iyj and put my arm through this: http://yfrog.com/oe4uwaaj befoe neatly crashing to the floor and saying ow a lot.

Got some nasty looking scrapes/cuts just above my elbow where my arm went through the wood and a small cut on my leg from the toolbox. Oopsie.

Keep your gym tidy folks! :)

Soldato
OP
Not been in here for a while due to awful knee pain even when sitting.

Back from the Physio today and they say I shouldn't be doing any squatting or deadlifting as it's bad for your knees.

Thoughts/advice/options? :)

Soldato
OP
It was a her and I was always told not to punch women :p

Much what I thought though - strengthening the muscles around the knee = good!

I'm going to guess I probably need to look at my form more closely then? :)

Soldato
OP
After doing some work in the garden (moving 800kg of timber) I have come to the following conclusion:

Screw the physio and her 'no squats' rule. Resuming full stronglifts + rowing tomorrow or Monday (garden dependant :p)

Time to shine :)

Soldato
OP
Decided to completely ignore the physio's advice of no squats/rowing/cycling and just get back to lifting & rowing.

Given the massive amount of time off I've had I'm starting SL 5x5 from the beginning again. Already excited to start deadlifts :D

Soldato
OP
how big are you psymonkee ? had a look back and couldnt see.

just as a comparison im 318lbs so its not too insane to lift :p

No idea as no scales I have access to can weigh me :(

Certainly > 400lb. Concept 2 hasn't broken on me yet though.

Az is right though - until I stop eating rubbish I'll never truly benefit from the exercise.

Soldato
OP
Spoke to the doctor earlier this week and he said my x-ray results are fine and there is nothing wrong with my knee and certainly no sign of arthritis like the physio suggested :)

Back to rowing and probably stronglifts to get myself back on track - done some rowing already, nothing amazing but gotta start somewhere right? :)

Only thing is though having previously done stronglifts to about week 7 is it really worth starting completely at the beginning? As long as I warmup properly there shouldn't be any problems right?

Soldato
OP
So about a week ago I ran into FF - what a lovely person :D

He also noted my utter lack of posting in this thread which can be attributed to knee injury (PFPS) and some serious pain in my right midfoot which was solved by buying a new pair of shoes :)

Been crazy busy with work in the last 2 weeks (retail is fun!) but looking to use the extra days off this week for returning to the gym. I've really missed it too and my legs and knees simply feel week and sore from having done nothing :(

Fingers crossed I can stay healthy for a bit longer this time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom