The 2014-15 Betting Thread *Spoilers*

Soldato
Pulis was 40/1 this morning to be 1st sacked - huge bet (rumoured to be £5k was placed) at that price and he was cut into 7/2 within an hour - Inside info anyone??? Ridiculous.

I was thinking the same. I wonder if all these betting companies employ information scouts, cause for all they know the whole clubs staff could have run for the bookies under their mums name or their cousin etc etc.

Soldato
It wasn't completely out of the blue. There were reports earlier in the week that Pulis and the chairman had been having differences of opinion regarding transfer policy, and that the two would be meeting. £5000 is quite a gamble, but given those reports I can see why 40/1 would look a good price.

Associate
Ive just been fishing about looking for some nice value for the weekend bets and I'm a bit confused with a price most bookies are offering on the Man City -1 goals market:

Man City -1 is 13/8, when you consider Man U are 11/10 and Arsenal 4/11 !! on the same market this seems like printing money to me.

Whats going on here?

Soldato
Ive just been fishing about looking for some nice value for the weekend bets and I'm a bit confused with a price most bookies are offering on the Man City -1 goals market:

Man City -1 is 13/8, when you consider Man U are 11/10 and Arsenal 4/11 !! on the same market this seems like printing money to me.

Whats going on here?

Man City are away to tougher opposition.

Man U had a good pre-season and Arsenal whooped Man City the weekend just gone.

Commissario
Good luck for the new season guys, I'm still bet-free since May and keeping it that way for now.

Hope to see some booms in here later!

Soldato
Got an any time treble on Rooney, Ulloa and Adam Johnson.

Ulloa is good odds. 8/1 to score first as well. He isn't the most mobile striker, but get him the ball in the area and he will not let you down.

Also, I think Sunderland are crazy odds to beat West Brom. I might stick something on that as well.

Last edited:
Soldato
I've taken a risk this evening with a -1.5 Chelsea bet. I'm not confident tbh, but the odds were interesting enough for me to hope I get lucky.

Associate
I've taken a risk this evening with a -1.5 Chelsea bet. I'm not confident tbh, but the odds were interesting enough for me to hope I get lucky.

I may be biased :D but I think your bet should be safe.

We've looked very strong pre-season and Costa and Fabregas have slotted into the team quite nicely already.

I can see it being about 3-0 with costa scoring anytime - infact I might put a cheeky bet on it

Associate
I didn't put any money on before the game as I wanted to wait and go in-play for better odds. As soon as we conceded I tried to put on for the win at evens but by the time I fumbled around with my phone we'd already scored and the line dropped back down to 1/3. So gutted but I put it on anyway and also went for -1.5AH at evens so it still worked out all right. Could've got a lot more if I was quicker though! :(

Back
Top Bottom