*** The 2018 Gym Rats Thread ***

Soldato
Really though, it is a struggle to build up the time under tension with them. I do really feel it hitting the target area which is great so hopefully it's another step in the right direction :)

Soldato
OP
I tried doing sumo deadlift for the first time on Friday as I think my form is not good on normal deadlift...

My legs felt really sore (never felt that before in all my time doing Squats / normal deadlifts)

Ive been deadlifting 120kg - so jumped in at 90kg sumo - it was much tougher than the 120kg normal deadlift..

Is this what sumos affect the most?

Soldato
I tried doing sumo deadlift for the first time on Friday as I think my form is not good on normal deadlift...

My legs felt really sore (never felt that before in all my time doing Squats / normal deadlifts)

Ive been deadlifting 120kg - so jumped in at 90kg sumo - it was much tougher than the 120kg normal deadlift..

Is this what sumos affect the most?

Sumo does use more legs than a conventional deadlift :) it's also a fair bit harder off the floor but usually easier at lockout.

Post a form vid :)

Soldato
Epic cutting fail today, CEO bought our whole office Lola's Cupcakes and i couldn't resist. Checked the nutrition of it.... 481 calories....61g of sugar :mad::mad::mad:

Feel guilty now.

Man of Honour
Soldato
Catch us up: what is the problem?
Well I went to Physio for my hip, and on the whole I had pretty bad form.
Coming back into things I'm finding my elbows get sore getting under the bar, and I can feel that my shoulders/back have slackened
and I'm looking for pointers on what I should look/feel for to know I'm getting it right, because I feel like I'm lifting my shoulders into the bar like a shrug almost, and I don't know if that's a good or bad thing haha.

Back
Top Bottom