*** The 2019 Gym Rats Thread ***

Man of Honour
Any one have any tips to avoid groin issues?

Let me explain. About two years ago I developed groin pain in my left groin through doing leg pressing.

I was out of the gym for about 18 months (not due to groin) and now I'm back. I've been back since April and recently started doing an Upper/Lower split.

Since I switched to the upper lower split it seems like my groin issues are slowly starting to creep back again.

I wasnt doing much leg volume before so an upper/lower has increased my volume a lot, but it feels like I have to pre-empt the fact I can feel potential groin issues on the horizon and switch to something with less leg volume.

Quite annoying as I was enjoying the upper/lower.

Do I just need to have much stronger/conditioned legs before I can have a dedicated leg day?

I imagine I need to do some stretches etc...

Hip/leg stretches combined with managing training intensity and volume as appropriate.

Soldato

Last training session done, going to take a week off as my body is RIP.

Monday managed 150x4 squat on my top set, today I managed 140x3 paused bench press. Strength wise I'm really happy, but I may back off the strength for a couple months and hit home some solid hypertrophy. It's hard, I love lifting heavy, but my body is 7 years older than when I was competing.

Even 7 yrs older, your lifts are pretty damned impressive despite being off for awhile (and your damned light BW haha). So, now you're gonna be swole and lift heavy, the ultimate gym bro :D.

Soldato
I had my first failure in stronglifts yesterday. Squats - managed 5,5,5,4,4 at 117.5kg. Well I only failed once really (the 5th rep in the 4th set), I just didn't feel like I could do the 5th in the 5th so didn't attempt it. Hopefully I'll get it on Sunday but my diet has been pretty terrible over Christmas so I don't have too much hope. :p

Man of Honour
I had my first failure in stronglifts yesterday. Squats - managed 5,5,5,4,4 at 117.5kg. Well I only failed once really (the 5th rep in the 4th set), I just didn't feel like I could do the 5th in the 5th so didn't attempt it. Hopefully I'll get it on Sunday but my diet has been pretty terrible over Christmas so I don't have too much hope. :p

Dude. You have access to moar fats and carbs than at any other time of year, and bank holidays, too.

Backload the turkey and get back in there. You got this. ;)

Man of Honour
Went for ending a year on a high, 1rm squat
105, new pb !
Tried 110 but it wasn't there haha

Well done. Slow and steady is best. I don’t bother with 1RM much anymore. 3RM tell me enough. Injured myself to many times doing max lifts.

I’m doing a cheeky arm day. 8x3 42kg hammer curls, 5x3 53kg tricep pushdowns (can’t load anymore onto the machine and CGBP does the rest). Has been great for arm size.

Soldato
I don't get the 1 RM thing. I supposed I train alone, and maybe in a group I'd be more inclined to find out what mine is, but it doesn't interest me all that much.

So new year, new diet, back to training again. I've got myself on maybe 2,300 cals, 200 g protein. Yesterday I managed to squat 3x5 of 100 kg, bench 3x5 of 70 kg, and deadlift 1x5 of 110 kg. I'm pretty happy with those - hoping to end the year at maybe 150 kg for squat and deadlift, 100 kg for bench, and maybe 70 kg OHP.

Back
Top Bottom