The 800x600 MAXIMUM screenshot thread (56k no no)

FrontSideBus said:
We mined for his Geddon as well as this Apoc...... :D
Were curently mining for my Typhoon :D

You are really better off finding a 5/10 complex and running through it.. 100m isk worth of bounties in one of those alone, before you even consider the cost of the stuff you pick up.

nikebee said:
nice screenies there of FS2004 OzZie... any mods on that ?

Nope. Those last few are "Sion" Airport in Switzerland :)

The one's at Dawn are at Hong Kong with just water mods on. Everything is at max possible detail with a few FS9.cfg tweaks.

BG2, version 0.13, out now!

http://www.bgmod.com/hosted/Tjoppen/bg2-v0.0.13.exe

129.jpg

Sorry if its a bit off topic!

OMG some of them FS2004 shots are AWESOME!

Would someone please tell me what kind of mods i'd need to download to get it that good!! Downloaded that F-14 :D

Also what game settings are you guys using and what graphics cards?

Also what game is this? graphics look awesome!

punisherresized.jpg

Thanks people!

G

Last edited:
RE:FS2004

These are some of the main downloads you will want for FS2004:

1 - Airport Enviroment Upgrade

Airport Environment Upgrade 7.0 (AEU7) greatly enhances the Microsoft® Flight Simulator 2004 default airports throughout the world. Airport runway, taxiway, and tarmac surfaces, airport buildings, and airport lighting have all been upgraded.

2 - Water Texture Upgrade

After trying loads of water packages, all excellent in there own right, taking the best bits from various sources and also re-editing the water textures, we came up with a mix we think is a great balance of texture and colour resulting in what we think is a true and more realistic seascape.

sendfile.php

3 - F-16 Falcon

Fully animated with opening canopy. This aircraft is for use in FS2002 and FS2004.

sendfile.php

FS2004 FS9.CFG Tweaks

How can I improve the look of the ground textures?

Open your fs9.cfg file, and modify the following lines:
TERRAIN_DEFAULT_RADIUS=9.500000
TERRAIN_EXTENDED_RADIUS=4.50000

How can I make my DVC gauges look more crisp?

add these line under FS9.CFG [PANELS] section:

VIRTUAL_COCKPIT_TEXTURES_SCALE=2.0

The panning is too slow. How can I speed this up?

In you fs9.cfg file, look for the line

PAN_RATE=400 --- Change this to set your pan rate near 900.

How can I get to see the aircraft textures at maximum detail, as I remember them from FS2002?

In Options/Settings/Display/Hardware, set global max texture size to "Massive"

How do i make the game texture's look less blurry?

Find these lines in FS9.cfg and change them to read:
TERRAIN_DEFAULT_RADIUS=9.000000
TERRAIN_EXTENDED_RADIUS=9.900000
TERRAIN_EXTENDED_LEVELS=4

How do i improve the appearance of detailed Mesh?

TERRAIN_MAX_VERTEX_LEVEL=21 (default for this is 19)

My Settings - Page 1

My Settings - Page 2

My Settings - Page 3

My Settings - Page 4

Thats running on A64 3000+, 1GB Geil CAS2.5, x800XT (all at stock) and framerate is always acceptable. :)

Last edited:
Gangster said:
OMG some of them FS2004 shots are AWESOME!

Would someone please tell me what kind of mods i'd need to download to get it that good!! Downloaded that F-14 :D

Also what game settings are you guys using and what graphics cards?

Also what game is this? graphics look awesome!

punisherresized.jpg

Thanks people!

G

That would be EVE Online, a great online multiplayer game

Bad day in the office!

This wasn't actually planned, it just sort of happened! I had originally planned to fly from Boston (US) to Athens (GR) and make this my first transatlantic voyage!

However, the following happened. Bear in mind that I didn't have my image snapshot thingy ready, so I only managed to make two screens! (click for high-res)

Shortly after take-off, I realise that something's wrong - my damn gear is stuck!! :eek:

What do you do in such a situation?? I decided to type the ILS information into the autopilot and to return to Logan Intl...

Eventually, my navigation skills (and the autopilot!) brought me back, then the auto took over and guided me in....nice landing actually, but on touch-down, this happened:

The stuck landing gear gave way, and I slid uncontrollably across the runway! I forgot to turn off autopilot too, so this further complicated things! Unfortunately, I continued to slide, straight into an AA 737, holding short (no piccie) :(

So, my question is - what could I have done to avert this disaster :confused: I think I damaged the gear when on take-off I just about managed to get off the runway, thought I had cleared it but I may have touched grass a bit...but anyway, on realising the gear damage, what else could I have done?

hehe! may i ask how you made the auto pilot guide you in and land you? Ive always wanted to try that but never understood how too :p

Cheers :)

p.s: i think you can manually lower the landing gear manually. Not sure of exact controls but that may have been your problem?

Last edited:
Gangster said:
hehe! may i ask how you made the auto pilot guide you in and land you? Ive always wanted to try that but never understood how too :p

Cheers :)

p.s: i think you can manually lower the landing gear manually. Not sure of exact controls but that may have been your problem?

No idea whether that panel supports that :confused:

Anyway, for ILS landing, I found the following tutorial very very useful:

http://www.simviation.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=COF;action=display;num=1111322151

This looks useful too, although I only skimmed across it:

http://www.flightsim.com/cgi/kds?$=main/howto/ilstutor.htm

One more question, how do you get faults like that to occur? Ive never had a single problem on any of the flights ive made, apart from running out of fuel.

I have no idea :confused: I know there ain't such an option in the pre-flight damage settings...I think it might be related to the fact that I took forever to leave the runway...one of the Boston runways slopes down straight into the water, maybe I was at a slight angle when I took off and damaged the wheels at that stage :confused: Or maybe I waited for too long and damaged them due to high speed.....no idea! Might even be just model specific damage! I've never seen such sparks before either...

Ex-RoNiN said:
No idea whether that panel supports that :confused:

The jets do, i think the props doo to. Its something like Ctrl+G, look in the controls under the options its there somewhere, called 'mannualy pump landing gear' or something along that line.

thanks for the link too.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom