• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Ada Lovelace RTX 4080 Owners Thread.

If you get the FE do you miss out on anything major vs asus etc? I have the meshify c which has a clearance of 315mm with the front fans fitted, looks like the FE will fit but the others are too long.

Something like an Asus TUF 4080 ... has a more open case design with three fans, so possibly slightly better cooling.
The Asus GPU Tweak software is handy.
Quite whether their "military grade capacitors" are better than FE is debatable.

Last edited:
Bh3FlTS.jpg

Dusty window aside, the Founders is such a lovely card. Expensive, sure. But the performance is there, the features are there and it runs really well (and more importantly much quieter and cooler than my previous 2080ti). Great bit of kit

How are you finding it?
Ok so far. Transferred everything from the old Corsair case to this new Phanteks case and its great.

Power draw is a bit more than the 4070 but much less then the 3080 i had before that.

My wife lent me the cash to buy the card so when ive paid her back ill drop a 5800X3D and jobs a good un.

Ok so far. Transferred everything from the old Corsair case to this new Phanteks case and its great.

Power draw is a bit more than the 4070 but much less then the 3080 i had before that.

My wife lent me the cash to buy the card so when ive paid her back ill drop a 5800X3D and jobs a good un.

Will be a lovely set up. Enjoy.

My second hand FE 4080 has been fitted....

1690538741442-EDIT.jpg

fitted with a 65cm Corsair type 4 braided plug for the connection to the PSU, seemed to cut down a lot of the cables etc.

Seems fine when fitted vertically, a lot less weight on the PCIe slot, even wit ha GPU support when in horizontal mode.

I'm not the first to fit an RTX 4080 FE in a NR200P MAX case in this thread but I did add an LCD side panel for a twist. Asrock eDP enabled board + 13.3" LCD panel kit used.

P5bBLql.jpg

7fZ36SE.jpg

dgvnP6M.jpg

There is a new version of NVFlash out that lets you bypass mismatched ID https://www.overclock.net/threads/n...ies-including-founders-edition-cards.1807438/

If you've seen my posts earlier in this topic you'll know there are a few board SKU IDs for the 4080. FE and some other cards even have a lower voltage lock at the top end and this results in trouble flashing a new BIOS with higher max power draw. Above NVFlash fixes this, anyone with a FE card can now flash pretty much any BIOS from techpowerup 4080 BIOS list.

I've tested this on my card, even flashing the 1000w BIOS I couldn't before due to mismatch ID https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/255340/255340

ylMbemC.png

I heard you like cooking your core :cry: 673w power draw lol. This BIOS also allows voltage up to 1.195mv :eek:

More sensibly though this new version of NVFlash is great for anyone with lower locked voltages and/or those who can't get off 320w-ish BIOSes. You can find a lot of 400~470w BIOS on techpowerup that might let you eek out some more performance if you have good cooling.

There is a new version of NVFlash out that lets you bypass mismatched ID https://www.overclock.net/threads/n...ies-including-founders-edition-cards.1807438/

If you've seen my posts earlier in this topic you'll know there are a few board SKU IDs for the 4080. FE and some other cards even have a lower voltage lock at the top end and this results in trouble flashing a new BIOS with higher max power draw. Above NVFlash fixes this, anyone with a FE card can now flash pretty much any BIOS from techpowerup 4080 BIOS list.

I've tested this on my card, even flashing the 1000w BIOS I couldn't before due to mismatch ID https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/255340/255340

ylMbemC.png

I heard you like cooking your core :cry: 673w power draw lol. This BIOS also allows voltage up to 1.195mv :eek:

More sensibly though this new version of NVFlash is great for anyone with lower locked voltages and/or those who can't get off 320w-ish BIOSes. You can find a lot of 400~470w BIOS on techpowerup that might let you eek out some more performance if you have good cooling.
So I have the ventus 4080 oc. I deshrouded it and run 2x120mm fans on it at max 1350 rpm. At 100% pl it's never over 67c at 80% it's never over 61c.
Is there any benefit to flashing these bioses to then power limit them?

Back
Top Bottom