• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Ada Lovelace RTX 4080 Owners Thread.

So I have the ventus 4080 oc. I deshrouded it and run 2x120mm fans on it at max 1350 rpm. At 100% pl it's never over 67c at 80% it's never over 61c.
Is there any benefit to flashing these bioses to then power limit them?

Probably not, if your current BIOS has a power limit you are happy with you'll be better undervolting. These BIOS are more about pushing power limit to the likes of 500w+ and in terms of the one I'm using, upping the voltage cap to 1.19v.

For example, due to the UK's really cold weather setting in I finally managed to break 20k with my 4080 and a 5950x in Port Royal

fy7yR7s.png

This is pushing 3120mhz at 1.135v and a power draw of up to 550w. So, the BIOS is mostly about pushing benchmarks but in the likes of Cyberpunk with everything cranked up to max you will get some extra frames with this kind of overclock. It's horrendously ineffecient on your electricity bills though :cry:

Probably not, if your current BIOS has a power limit you are happy with you'll be better undervolting. These BIOS are more about pushing power limit to the likes of 500w+ and in terms of the one I'm using, upping the voltage cap to 1.19v.

For example, due to the UK's really cold weather setting in I finally managed to break 20k with my 4080 and a 5950x in Port Royal

fy7yR7s.png

This is pushing 3120mhz at 1.135v and a power draw of up to 550w. So, the BIOS is mostly about pushing benchmarks but in the likes of Cyberpunk with everything cranked up to max you will get some extra frames with this kind of overclock. It's horrendously ineffecient on your electricity bills though :cry:
Thanks for that rundown.

Makes sense now that I think about it.

Only that it was very early days and he was proven wrong spectacularly, I used a combo of undervolt and power reduction and it worked v well on my 4090.
Just an update:
When I check the power usage when uv+pl it does seem that when uv the pl often breaks through the limit.

So for example I'm limited to 80 % but often in the msi graph the power will be between 85-90 with the temps reflecting that usage.

Does yours do the same?

Back
Top Bottom