• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Ada Lovelace RTX 4090 Owners Thread

Caporegime
On the plus side, we’re beta testing all possible case, cooling and-power combinations before you end up with one!
Most of that is just fear mongering for views from youtubers who should know better.

The age of clickbait and anything for an advert impression, I wonder how many people wasted money on new PSUs and cables for the PSU they already own.

Soldato
F7-E3904-F-0-A8-E-4-A9-E-A54-D-A7-F480-E00-D7-D.jpg

Spent most of the evening getting this beast into my Corsair 680X case, had to remove two of the front fans to get it to fit and move them onto the bottom of the case which is less than ideal.

Anyone recommend another Corsair case? These things are crazy in size, quite surprising when you see it in person. Looks like I'll be flogging this case unfortunately as much as I love it!

Soldato
O11D Evo, bought purely to fit the 4090 in.
Now much space to the side panel with that evil cable adapter?
Are you using cases GPU support thingy?
I was going with the 340mm CPU cooler on the side mount as in inlet cooler but now im worried that i have to put the tubes at the top as the card is going to block them.

I know once its built i won't want to mess around so wanna get it right first time

My 13700k should arrive on 21st but i have the rest ready to go.

Associate
Not a massively easy fit for my Inno3D X3 OC. Plenty of room in the case, but with the sheer bloody size of the card, it was tricky reaching behind it to get the back screws in. Fortunately, this model doesn't have unicorn vomit, so I haven't had to work out how to turn it off.

The evil cable adapter is at least moderately evil. I mean, it fit in my case but it's kinda pushing against the glass. Not an elegant solution.

It seems to be working fine on my 850W PSU, but my paranoia has kicked in and I've got a 1000W arriving Saturday.

Soldato
Now much space to the side panel with that evil cable adapter?
Are you using cases GPU support thingy?

I'm using the included Zotac sag stand thing.
As for putting the front panel on....

No chance.
I probably could, but there'd be a bunch of pressure on the cable and i'm not risking it.

Soldato
Spent most of the evening getting this beast into my Corsair 680X case, had to remove two of the front fans to get it to fit and move them onto the bottom of the case which is less than ideal.

Anyone recommend another Corsair case? These things are crazy in size, quite surprising when you see it in person. Looks like I'll be flogging this case unfortunately as much as I love it!
I ditched my 680X before I got the 4090 as I didn't want remove the front fans as you did.
It's a shame as that case's rear chamber is great for cable management.

Associate
So, much to my surprise, the 4090 Strix OC has very little coil whine.

It’s still audible without any headphones but it’s far, far less than my old 1080 Ti Strix and 3090
FE so I’m pleasantly surprised. I even unlocked the framerate on some games and up at 350fps it’s not that audible at all.

JayZTwoCents also mentioned the lack of coil whine so I’m wondering if ASUS used different/better parts this time around.

Fits in an NZXT H710i pretty snug (excuse the neon lights reflection on the glass…)
u5RJVBm.jpg

Surprisingly tops out at 65c and 1500rpm in all the games and benchmarks I’ve thrown at it so far (and for those who have seen the H710i case with its lack of airflow, you’ll know that’s impressive).

Caporegime
Surprisingly tops out at 65c and 1500rpm in all the games and benchmarks I’ve thrown at it so far (and for those who have seen the H710i case with its lack of airflow, you’ll know that’s impressive).
Got my TUF running at 80% PL (355W-ish max) and it runs 60/61c with a 1000rpm with it left at standard curve (Perf mode). V nice and am really impressed! System pretty much silent during gaming :)

Last edited:
Associate
Got my TUF running at 80% PL (355W-ish max) and it runs 60/61c with a 1000rpm with it left at standard curve (Perf mode). V nice and am really impressed! System pretty much silent during gaming :)

Almost makes me hope some AIBs will continue to offer these stupid cooler sizes on the coming generations (assuming they’re no longer needed as nVidia gets power draw under control)

Feels like we’re being spoiled with probably the best temp : performance ratio we’ll see for a while!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom