The All New Desktop Thread, Images No Larger Than 800x600

Soldato
Welcome back :D

The old thread had become a mess, what with 4 million dead links, and 2 million mah00sive pics. So it has been archived for all eternity here. It holds the record for the most views of a thread - 220,395 at the time of archiving :eek:

So then, new thread, same theme, but with a slight rule change. From now on any pics posted directly to the thread must be thumb-nailed preferably, but 800x600 max (before vB auto resize!). In the old thread, you could have a dozen dual desktop pics posted on the same page, and it would take an age to load.

So then people, as you were :)

Soldato
OP
7 posts in, and already someone has posted an oversize image :rolleyes:

Perhaps its my fault for not making it obvious:

Posted images are to be no larger than 800x600

Thank you :)

Soldato
OP
Múffin said:
Does it not thumbnail for you ?

EG:

[/QUOTE]

After downloading the image, yes. The point of posting the smaller images, as said, is to reduce the amount of pages that take 4 years to load due to oversized (size on disk) images, and then go nuts when they're all resized together.

Its not much to ask.

Soldato
OP
marc/Múffin, you are indeed correct, there will be exceptions to the rule. However, this thread is going to be a vary large one, and with bigger threads comes increasing likelyhood that posts will be overlooked by the moderating team. It is my hope that with a rule of thumb in place now, at the start, the thread will maintain a little control and order, unlike the previous thread.

That's the way its going to stay for now. We'll let the thread grow a few pages, and then i'll look at it again.

In the interests of keeping the thread clean, if you wish to discuss it further then please feel free to email me.

Soldato
OP
afraser2k said:
How about a rule that says if you post you must link to the theme/wallpaper/icons so the thread isn't overloaded with those questions every other post? :)
Probably not a rule, as people may not have links etc and I would hate to see people flamed unneccesarily.

Certainly a good idea though if people can though, out of courtesy :)

Soldato
OP
Conrad11 said:
No nessarcery, I am running Windows XP and if you see my desktop picture above, I have changed it to a MAC OS X interface.
I know it's possible for it to be Windows, but Dru posts here regularly, and normaly its from his mac not from his Windows machine :)

Back
Top Bottom