• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Soldato
ltmatt i think it was said its expected not to downclock for reasons of refreshrate not being in the power of 2 like 30 then 60 then 120 etc, tho i call bull tbh as vega 56 downclocked ok at 75hz display refresh rate tho it had hbm2 memory and this is gddr6.

Caporegime
OP
ltmatt i think it was said its expected not to downclock for reasons of refreshrate not being in the power of 2 like 30 then 60 then 120 etc, tho i call bull tbh as vega 56 downclocked ok at 75hz display refresh rate tho it had hbm2 memory and this is gddr6.
Yes it's to do with the vertical blank timing of the display.

If yours was going to downclock, it would be doing it in this new driver i think.

Soldato
Check the benchmarks many people are reporting good perf increase in Timespy and even some in Port Royale.
Maybe you can get the Forza Horizon crown back. :D

nice will check it out this evening

AMD cleanup utility may clean up chipset/RAID installer related folders/registries from the system.

I remember this happening way back when I had an ATI 1800XT. Caused uproar at the time.

AMD Rep
Vendor Rep
I'm using the latest AMD driver and there are a lot of frame issues in Destiny 2. I've looked around but haven't found a fix for it as of yet. Has anyone here found a fix for this issue?

I have found that using windowed mode does seem to help somewhat.

Hey there,

If you get a moment, please check in with Destiny 2 on our 21.6.1 release and let us know how it runs for you.

Cheers.

Soldato
uproar? I get it that it is annoying, I've experienced it myself, but it hardly makes my blood boil :). Just reinstall the chipset drivers thing and report the bug.

No it really did when you uninstalled the driver (and this is Windows XP) it removed every single ATI .inf file which meant you could not install the ATI Video driver it just errored. People had to do a system restore or reinstall XP. Think of using DDU but instead of uninstall the drivers it basically made Windows XP not know anything about ATI hardware it removed it from the registry and everything. Obviously you are too young to remember.

You have obviously not been involved in a Nvidia/AMD drivers thread before :cry: what about the time when Nvidia released a driver which caused the fan not to work and the card overheat ? Uproar doesnt come into it ! :)

Associate
Hey there,

If you get a moment, please check in with Destiny 2 on our 21.6.1 release and let us know how it runs for you.

Cheers.

The short answer, they are much better for Destiny 2 than the previous drivers.

I changed from windowed mode to fullscreen where I was getting the most issues before. I encountered some hitching for the 20 minutes I played. So I restarted the game and played for another 20 minutes. And it was really smooth after the reset.

I'm very happy. :D

Soldato
No it really did when you uninstalled the driver (and this is Windows XP) it removed every single ATI .inf file which meant you could not install the ATI Video driver it just errored. People had to do a system restore or reinstall XP. Think of using DDU but instead of uninstall the drivers it basically made Windows XP not know anything about ATI hardware it removed it from the registry and everything. Obviously you are too young to remember.

You have obviously not been involved in a Nvidia/AMD drivers thread before :cry: what about the time when Nvidia released a driver which caused the fan not to work and the card overheat ? Uproar doesnt come into it ! :)

Ahhh, now it makes sense. Didn't know about that one... :p I get the uproar now haha.

Associate
Just updated to the latest drivers, the memory on my 6800 XT is now downclocking at idle even when running at 240Hz on my Odyssey G7, despite previously being told the memory running at full speed was normal and expected behaviour. Not knocking anyone, just happy to see my idle power consumption reduced.

Caporegime
OP
Just updated to the latest drivers, the memory on my 6800 XT is now downclocking at idle even when running at 240Hz on my Odyssey G7, despite previously being told the memory running at full speed was normal and expected behaviour. Not knocking anyone, just happy to see my idle power consumption reduced.
It was but does not mean it could not be changed, for single displays anyway. :)

Associate
My vram still doesn't downclock (144hz, 5700xt) but I've given up being bothered by this. One thing to note, the default profile location appears to have changed from AppData\Local\AMD\CN to AppData\Local\AMD\Radeonsoftware in case you cannot find your saved profiles!

Back
Top Bottom