• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Associate
One screen - Samsung 4K TV SDR YCbCr444

RT6700XT

AMD tuning with driver 21.6.2
Power -2%
Voltage 1175 mV

At 60Hz
VRAM 8-12MHz
Power 5-16W

At 120Hz
VRAM 1990MHz
Power 33W

Soldato
The vram downclock issue is back for me now.. Was working fine yesterday at 240hz but not today. Nothing new has been installed so I don't get why it shouldn't are unable to downclock at anything above 120hz.

Soldato
The vram downclock issue is back for me now.. Was working fine yesterday at 240hz but not today. Nothing new has been installed so I don't get why it shouldn't are unable to downclock at anything above 120hz.
Must be to do with specific setups or monitor types. I`m at 144mhz and mine is downclocked. Currently at 13w with VRAM around 192mhz
I figured out the problem. Wasn't driver related. My monitor info in the windows registry was borked, Freesync range was missing along with other info. So after I deleted all instances of the monitor with CRU, and restarted the driver, it worked again as it should.

Associate
Never used CRU before, it is as straightforward as you say?

Edit: CRU did a reset all, then restarted graphics driver. Freesync was disabled in AMD driver settings, maybe because I was fiddling last night with Game Mode on this TV which prevents Freesync if off. Display didn't come back straight away, nor after 15 seconds. Eventually did and now Freesync is now on, and downclocking is working for 120Hz.

I'll keep an eye on it, there's two monitors in CRU now (there were six) and I think one is what was generated when game mode was off.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Soldato
Anyone seen any issues on the latest 21.6.2 drivers in Division 2. I guess overall have people seen issues vs. the .1 WHQL package?

I cannot actually play the game, if I load the benchmark it hangs to desktop and Radeon software throws up the timeout window and if i load into the actual game it starts silky smooth 75fps (FSync) and then drops to a weirdly locked 48 FPS before crashing out. seriously odd

Have ran Heaven, Timespy, Firestrike all perfectly and played Doom Eternal for over 2 hours on UN settings with ray tracing, not a blip so the card is running spot on

Spec is 5600x / 6700xt / 32gb and latest AMD drivers above.

Caporegime
Anyone seen any issues on the latest 21.6.2 drivers in Division 2. I guess overall have people seen issues vs. the .1 WHQL package?

I cannot actually play the game, if I load the benchmark it hangs to desktop and Radeon software throws up the timeout window and if i load into the actual game it starts silky smooth 75fps (FSync) and then drops to a weirdly locked 48 FPS before crashing out. seriously odd

Have ran Heaven, Timespy, Firestrike all perfectly and played Doom Eternal for over 2 hours on UN settings with ray tracing, not a blip so the card is running spot on

Spec is 5600x / 6700xt / 32gb and latest AMD drivers above.

Sorry man I don't have this issue, and play Division about 10hrs a week+. Stick to WHQL if it's your main game, AMD won't be optimising for this game anymore for sure.

(I have a 6800XT Nitro and 6900XT Red Devil here)

Soldato
Sorry man I don't have this issue, and play Division about 10hrs a week+. Stick to WHQL if it's your main game, AMD won't be optimising for this game anymore for sure.

(I have a 6800XT Nitro and 6900XT Red Devil here)

Cheers, I will switch back to the WHQL later and see if that helps at all. In fairness our group has just hit level 40 and complete Warlords so most likely wont play for a bit just a tad annoying.

AMD Rep
Vendor Rep
Hey everyone - 21.7.1 is live

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-21-7-1

Support For
  • AMD Radeon™ RX 6700M Graphics
  • AMD Radeon™ RX 6600M Graphics
  • F1® 2021
    • Up to 6% increase in performance in F1® 2021 @ 4K Ultra High settings with Raytracing enabled, and up to 26% increase in performance @ 1080p Ultra High settings, Raytracing disabled, using Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 21.7.1 on the 16GB Radeon™ RX 6800XT graphics card, versus the previous software driver version 21.6.2.RS-389
Fixed Issues
  • An Oculus service error may be received on Radeon RX 5000 & 6000 series graphics products which prevents the Oculus Link setup software from running.
  • Lighting corruption may be experienced in Apex Legends™ when Radeon™ Boost is enabled.
  • Some users may experience elevated memory usage by AMD User Experience Program.
  • A driver mismatch error may appear when two versions of Radeon software (Windows Store & AMD Support versions) are installed on your system.
  • Some users may experience higher than expected memory utilization when running 3DMark Time Spy™.
  • While playing Carrion™, some users may experience image corruption when Anisotropic Filtering is enabled.
Known Issues
  • Game Compatibility advisor in Radeon™ Software Experience may incorrectly advise some users their CPU and/or GPU do not meet the minimum requirements to play some games.
  • Resident Evil Village™ may experience an intermittent application hang or TDR on AMD Radeon VII graphics products in the first mission of the game.
  • Enhanced Sync may cause a black screen to occur when enabled on some games and system configurations. Any users who may be experiencing issues with Enhanced Sync enabled should disable it as a temporary workaround.
  • Connecting two displays with large differences in resolution/refresh rates may cause flickering on Radeon RX Vega series graphics products.
  • Radeon performance metrics and logging features may intermittently report extremely high and incorrect memory clock values.
  • If Ryzen Master is not detected in Adrenalin software after installation, a system restart may be required.
  • If Blue or Black screen is observed in mobile systems, temporarily disable Enhanced sign-in.
  • A Blue or Black screen may be observed after updating to the latest Radeon Software. A workaround is to disable core isolation.
  • Lower than expected performance may be observed on select AMD Athlon™ mobile systems.

Have fun!

Associate
I've now noticed that the memory does indeed boost to max settings while watching Youtube. With the watts power consumption sitting at 45 watts.

I'm not sure if this is normal behavior?

Soldato
newest drivers all overall running spot on for me and bit of a boost in benchmark related gumpf!

Only issue is that Division 2 still just runs for 5-10 seconds, locks to 48fps and black screens to desktop. no other game or app does it, so weird. I get a driver timeout notice on the desktop too when it happens

AMD Rep
Vendor Rep
Back
Top Bottom