• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Caporegime
Seems like they are working on a patch to resolve the crashing issues and should be out early next week.

They are saying to avoid the following weapons

Arc Shotgun
Arc Thrower
Tesla Tower

As the crashing seems to be linked to these

03SRyzp.jpg

Soldato
I've been giving AFMF another go in Cyberpunk and it seems stuttering is gone(driver 24.3.1). What I don't understand, however, is why the framerate almost halves during mouse panning to pre-AFMF values negating any benefits that AFMF should bring. Am I doing something wrong here? is there some trick to make it work better besides just turning AFMF on and booting up the game? rig in the sig.

Caporegime
I've been giving AFMF another go in Cyberpunk and it seems stuttering is gone(driver 24.3.1). What I don't understand, however, is why the framerate almost halves during mouse panning to pre-AFMF values negating any benefits that AFMF should bring. Am I doing something wrong here? is there some trick to make it work better besides just turning AFMF on and booting up the game? rig in the sig.

AFMF does that by design, there are reasons to do it, fast panning movements make the time intervals between frames very long so there is less data to construct fake frame from.

AMD Rep
Vendor Rep
@AMD_Vik

Hi there, some users like myself get blury low res screenshots when using steam screenshot function, it was fine before a few patches back but the last few its all blury. In x4 foundations. Can you get em to test that plz.

Thanks for pointing this out. Wondering if it's related to the DXGI swapchain changes

Sort is out AMD, chop chop.... i want to get testing the Vulkan goodness.
:p

vQccani.png
Let me follow up on this with my colleagues.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I don't enjoy posting this but if we want things to be better, as we all should, i feel like i have to.

I have an RX 7800 XT, i have nothing but good things to say about the GPU, the hardware, its great, AMD drivers.. also great.

With that said AMD's weakpoint has always been FSR compared to DLSS.

Before i start, CIG (Cloud Imperium Games) have developed their own upscaling tech for their game. TSR.
Ok, so, i don't know which version of FSR CIG are using, 1, 2 or 3, i hope its not 1! 1 is bad, so i don't know how fair on AMD this actually is, but, this is bad.... you can clearly see CIG TSR is better, look at the signs, the red text above the Cubby Blast door, see how unstable that is in FSR compared to CIG TSR?

CIG have a better upscaling tech for your GPU's, AMD, are you even trying?

CIG are working with AMD at the moment, for bugs with Vulkan in the driver, but also future performance optimisations with Vulkan, and CIG are using AMD's white paper on Ray Tracing, not Nvidia... thank _____! They have said this was a very deliberate decision.
I hope AMD can do a lot of work with CIG, this game has the potential to be absolutely massive, and i would like AMD to be involved with it.

Upscaling does matter, and you can do so much better, AMD, no more half arsing it. Be as good at this as you know you can. :)

Last edited:
Soldato
CIG are working with AMD at the moment, for bugs with Vulkan in the driver, but also future performance optimisations with Vulkan, and CIG are using AMD's white paper on Ray Tracing, not Nvidia... thank _____! They have said this was a very deliberate decision.

I'm actually quite relieved CIG aren't going with Nvidia for their implementation of RT. Don't get me wrong Nvidia's tech is great but it is stupidly taxing on hardware.

Caporegime
I'm actually quite relieved CIG aren't going with Nvidia for their implementation of RT. Don't get me wrong Nvidia's tech is great but it is stupidly taxing on hardware.
Yeah... I don't want my GPU bogged down by unnecessary complexity, CIG aren't building an RTX showcase they need it to do a job as efficiently as possible.

These poor _____ are so nervous, these guys are programmers being shoved on to a huge stage Infront of thousands of people and you can tell :D

Soldato
Yeah... I don't want my GPU bogged down by unnecessary complexity, CIG aren't building an RTX showcase they need it to do a job as efficiently as possible.

These poor _____ are so nervous, these guys are programmers being shoved on to a huge stage Infront of thousands of people and you can tell :D

That RTGI was really nice, Will add a lot of atmosphere, Then they just need RT reflections for water, Glass and other various reflective surfaces :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Do you mean RT is stupidly taxing on AMD hardware?

No. Even on my 4090 it had a fairly steep performance penalty which is why I'd enable it, Look around, Say "ooh shiny" then disable it again.

Note I'm not saying bad performance by any stretch but a steep performance penalty which I didn't like.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom